Bad long quake.

Old Nov 14th 2016, 4:03 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad long quake.

this is QI

How has the earthquake warped New Zealand? - National - NZ Herald News

just read the article, didn't watch the video
Old Nov 14th 2016, 4:23 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Kaikoura are still getting 5 and over shakes even now
Old Nov 14th 2016, 4:26 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Kaikoura are still getting 5 and over shakes even now
Yup. It is as Ssky describes really.
For me , like being on a boat. Always slightly shifting .
Old Nov 14th 2016, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shame the weather is turning to custard, surely they could have used boats to get folk in and out if the weather had been fine. Hope everyone's ok and managing to stay warm tonight.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Take it that's just for when you are home. Not out grocery shopping.
Yis
Old Nov 14th 2016, 5:47 am
`

Originally Posted by SSky
It's a shame the weather is turning to custard, surely they could have used boats to get folk in and out if the weather had been fine. Hope everyone's ok and managing to stay warm tonight.
Yis!

and still shaking. Poo
Old Nov 14th 2016, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
true, I heard somewhere, can't remember got some tabs open for reports, that its going to take the same pathway and time as ChCh to get it all back to some sort of normality.
Yea it is said that it will take years to repair the damage done but to be honest i say this is the beginning of the end for these small towns and villages in this area as the government will be in no rush to repair this area like they were with Christchurch and i'd say alot of people living there will move to get away from the shakes that will continue for quite a while the same as many did in Christchurch
Old Nov 14th 2016, 6:51 am
`

Except that it is Iwi and they make a massive amount from tourism with the whale watch etc.

We were there before this was handed over and it was a modest little town with a nice little operation. Not so now. It is a huge combine for tourism. A huge daily turnover .

Thing is , I don't think NZ can afford anymore of this.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 7:02 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

I caught mention of the quakes just as I was going to bed last night and then watched geonet logs roll in aghast. I'm so glad there weren't more than two deaths but my heart really really goes out to Cantabrian families who went through the 2011 quakes and all the aftershocks since. The little research that has been done in the area thus far points to a large number of children and young people who are still traumatised. The last twenty four hours will only be adding to that and I'm literally praying it all settles down now so the clean up can begin.

Kia kaha to you all XXX
Old Nov 14th 2016, 7:05 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Thing is , I don't think NZ can afford anymore of this.
I worry about this too. There is still so much need from the 2011 quake.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 7:07 am

so do we think they will open up the trade jobs again to get this clear up underway?
Old Nov 14th 2016, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paddy234
Yea it is said that it will take years to repair the damage done but to be honest i say this is the beginning of the end for these small towns and villages in this area as the government will be in no rush to repair this area like they were with Christchurch and i'd say alot of people living there will move to get away from the shakes that will continue for quite a while the same as many did in Christchurch
No way, Kaikoura is massive for tourism, they'll get it up and running in no time.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SSky
No way, Kaikoura is massive for tourism, they'll get it up and running in no time.
I hope so, the big worry i have is that this could trigger faultines much closer to Christchurch and Wellington. If we get good shakes over 6 on the Richter scale around heavily populated areas the devastation will be just too much to bare and the cost of the Christchurch rebuild is already in the tens of billions not to mention this one is going to cost billions.

Anyway I'll try and stop this talk of doom and gloom. Thoughts are with those in the affected areas and hope they get all the help they need to recover
Old Nov 14th 2016, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

The whale watching infrastructure should help assuming it isn't all trashed.

Helicopter pad and loads of passenger boats with large capacities should be able to ferry people in and out.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...of-earthquake-
Shows an interesting graphic of all the shakes. Seem to be all over the place.

Last edited by LittleGreyCat; Nov 14th 2016 at 9:15 am.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 10:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LittleGreyCat
The whale watching infrastructure should help assuming it isn't all trashed.

Helicopter pad and loads of passenger boats with large capacities should be able to ferry people in and out.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...of-earthquake-
Shows an interesting graphic of all the shakes. Seem to be all over the place.
I know it's unimportant in the grand scheme of things but I hope those cows get rescued in the video further down the page.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.