Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Backpack left in London. What's the best and cheapest way to Auckland?

Backpack left in London. What's the best and cheapest way to Auckland?

Old Sep 13th 2017, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

Dan79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Backpack left in London. What's the best and cheapest way to Auckland?

Hey, hope someone can help. I was travelling in Europe and left a backpack with a friend in London hoping to get in on a way back from Italy to the UK (and then to NZ). There were strikes in France in the last couple of days so many flights were delayed or cancelled.
Long story short, I had to catch my flight without that bag.
Is there a way to rent a place in someone's container and bring my things over? Delivery companies quoting about 80 uk pounds :\
It's just shoes and clothes, about 10kg (or if you can take less, I'll be happy with anything). No rush, really, just wanted to ask here.
Cheers for your time
Old Sep 13th 2017, 3:23 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Backpack left in London. What's the best and cheapest way to Auckland?

Google for one of the excess baggage companies - it's likely to cost you around what you have already been quoted.

We have no idea who you are and anyone who takes a bag from a random stranger they met on the Internet and puts it in their shipping container is a fool!
Old Sep 13th 2017, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Backpack left in London. What's the best and cheapest way to Auckland?

Thank you, I'm checking those!
I understand it sounds suspicious, but I'd expect if someone can help to check what they are taking, piece by piece.
Cheers
Old Sep 13th 2017, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan79
Thank you, I'm checking those!
I understand it sounds suspicious, but I'd expect if someone can help to check what they are taking, piece by piece.
Cheers
If its just clothes get the person to take it to the post office, they will tell you the cheapest way to send it via air mail or snail mail. They do large air mail bags.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

valleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nice

http://www.ipostparcels.com
this is who we use for all parcel deliveries from the uk they are awesome. DHL door to door within 5 days
Old Sep 14th 2017, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

If its only a few old clothes and shoes then forget it and get down to the warehouse and buy some new ones!
Old Sep 14th 2017, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Robbie2010
If its only a few old clothes and shoes then forget it and get down to the warehouse and buy some new ones!
It's actually a whole new wardrobe I got in London and some souvenirs from travelling! Argh

Thank you everyone for the suggestions