Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Any experiences claiming with Letton Percival or Insure Your Move?

Any experiences claiming with Letton Percival or Insure Your Move?

Old Nov 21st 2016, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

stevelancaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any experiences claiming with Letton Percival or Insure Your Move?

We're prepping the inventory and growing increasingly worried about the 3% asked by PSS.

Has anyone used any of the 3rd party insurers? Experiences?
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

elm16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any experiences claiming with Letton Percival or Insure Your Move?

Originally Posted by stevelancaster
We're prepping the inventory and growing increasingly worried about the 3% asked by PSS.

I haven't as we had a vehicle and Letton Percival's insurance for vehicles was terrible, but just to say that PSS did lower the premium for us to 1.6 after a bit of negotiating.
It wasn't until I started valuing things for the insurance form that I realised just how expensive it was going to be!
Old Nov 24th 2016, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevelancaster

We used Letton Percival for two moves, cheap and cheerful but didn't have to make a claim.
Old Nov 25th 2016, 2:05 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

we went with Letton Percival as well, didn't need to claim but the whole process with them was a lot easier
Old Nov 26th 2016, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

wakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond repute

Go back to PSS, they won't match LP but they will get close, same for Crown! I like LP prices but don't like their vehicle cover. Our valuation was ridiculous as we are bringing the whole house but then when we looked at what really needed insuring we brought it downa fair bit. We are only insuring the main things like sofa and the more expensive items
Good luck
Old Nov 30th 2016, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Just to comment LP's normal insurance does not cover the cost of the Removal Co going bust, which was happened in my instance.

Not LPs fault, but worse for me my goods had actually arrived in NZ before the UK Removals firm went into receivership, and unknowningly the NZ movers here kept this quiet, and only told me after they were in receivership. I ended up having to pay twice for the removals and release of my goods, and faced daily holding charges if I hadn't.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 9:45 am
Just Joined

stevelancaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wakwak
Go back to PSS, they won't match LP but they will get closek

Ended up doing this. In a less pressured time I probably would have gone with LP but didn't need yet another thing to worry about so asked PSS to match and they dropped their percentage and included some extras. Didn't match but close enough given the situation.