Advice please

Old Apr 25th 2016, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

donutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to behold
Default Advice please

Hi I know I've asked before but we now have our visas yay at long last but our eldest son 20 now is coming he's applied for a 23 month working holiday but can he apply after that to stay he works in a hospital at the mo as a orderly help any one xx thanks d x
Old Apr 25th 2016, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

PB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice please

First congrats on getting your visas. Then maybe an obvious question why you did not include your son in your application when would probably have been much easier as a dependant child where think financial dependancy is not considered 20 and under so time now slightly against. Hospital orderly is not listed as a skill in demand unfortunately. Also assume your son is aware only allowed to work for 12 months out of 23 months on a WHV. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/live/dependentchild/canimovetonz/whatisrequired/default.htm

Last edited by PB65; Apr 25th 2016 at 6:24 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2016, 8:44 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I think it would be highly unlikely you can now change your application to include him as it has been issued. Unfortunately I cannot see a way that would allow him to stay as a permanent resident as he was not included on your original application which is one of the requirements for dependent children.
Old Apr 25th 2016, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

donutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to beholddonutt is a splendid one to behold

Hi he was on the visa but decided not to come ( moved out with now ex girlfriend) so I took him off but now wants to come that's why the working holiday I know he might not be able to stay and that's a worry but not sure what else I could have done but thanks anyway d
Old Apr 25th 2016, 9:39 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

as you say was taken off the application nowt can be done about that.
We had a similar thing with my eldest, being a step child to MrF. we made damn sure he understood the seriousness of not going on the initial application as he had no skill that would allow him entry on his own, even though that application would of been very difficult as he was not living at home but was only 20.

So a warning to others maybe, get them included even if they do not wish to come initially as getting them here if they change their minds could be very difficult or impossible.
Old Apr 25th 2016, 10:12 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by donutt
Hi I know I've asked before but we now have our visas yay at long last but our eldest son 20 now is coming he's applied for a 23 month working holiday but can he apply after that to stay he works in a hospital at the mo as a orderly help any one xx thanks d x
This is a tough one donutt.

Without dwelling on what could have been done at the time ,let's talk about what could or could not be achieved.

First. Lovely your son is uplifting a 23 month WHV. As you know this is not a pathway for him to be allowed to remain permanently in New Zealand. For that 23 months he may work for a total of 12 and it should really only be in seasonal type of work. If he could get work in a hospital that would be good.

One way he might be able to stay longer would be if he was able to uplift a temporary work visa . He needs a job offer for that. That still would not lead to him being able to stay permanently. His best route for that would be to find work with an New Zealand Immigration accredited employer. Such employers are allowed to employ overseas people if they so choose. What attracted my eye to mention this is that he is currently working in a hospital. All District Health Boards here are accredited employers. However, this would not give him the stability of leave to remain in New Zealand.

If your son decides he is determined to live permanently in New Zealand , then it may well be that he/you will have to take a hard hit whilst he returns to the UK and retrains in a skill that NZ may want & that skill to a level that NZ accepts. You know your own son. Is this something he could achieve ?

I do not know if you have pots of money. I mean mighty big pots. It might be possible that your son comes and then he starts to study for something that NZ wants whilst he is here. This is a difficult one and I am not that au fait at the moment with this. You would need to fork out for international student fees for that. It again also depends on your son ability to study and train.

Having written the above. If , for example, he was working under a temp work visa in a hospital & there was an opportunity to train / study whilst there, then he could do some training and some work. If it was full time study/ training, then that is a student visa with int. fees. If the job was ongoing for a number of years & all that time it would be a temporary work visa, then he could possibly once the training had finished to NZ standards gain some NZ work exp. & then apply for residency. As stated, I am not as au fait as I was with this.
It is fraught with potholes along the way is this in my opinion & I have always felt better to chance the arm back in the UK with retraining , with an eye to the long term NZ goal.

There have been a few of these situations over the years. One BE member tried long and hard to put forward a case for her son who was working at a well known fast food outlet & who managed the outlet during his shifts. I believe this case after review was refused. So , a very awkward situaltion to overcome all round.

If anyone has info about an independent adult offspring that has been able to remain in some way, it would be good to hear from you.