Advice needed...

Old Aug 11th 2016, 12:26 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed...

Originally Posted by simonsi
, frankly I'd expect and hope that a court wouldn't support the move against the father's wishes.
Hopefully if it does go to court I hope the court does what is best for the long term benefit of the child and nothing more.

Last edited by BEVS; Aug 19th 2016 at 4:02 am. Reason: quotes
Old Aug 11th 2016, 1:39 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
.... Hopefully if it does go to court I hope the court does what is best for the long term benefit of the child and nothing more.
But under pretty much all circumstances other than (i) the non-custodial parent being abusive to the child, or (ii) the non-custodial parent having gone AWOL, the court is going to rule that the continued participation of both parents in the life of the child is going to be in the child's best interests.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 2:52 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

at the end of the day it is a judges decision when he has amassed all the evidence he needs to ascertain where the best place for the child would be, with any proviso he attaches to it.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 2:58 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully if it does go to court I hope the court does what is best for the long term benefit of the child and nothing more.
Yes. And typically (now), that involves ongoing interaction with both parents unless that contact is being detrimental to the child, that is the normal view for the best interests of the child.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 10:25 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachelm89
Thanks for reply, he does see her every other weekend although i have said we are willing to fky back to the uk once a year with her so he can still see her & also skype etc. I guess im keeping my hopes up abit.
Are you sure you would be able to afford that? It's a huge ask on Kiwi wages.

She is 9 in september, we did have a court order in place from a few years ago for contact which he swapped around & hasnt stuck to. So im hoping that will go in our favour. Im in no way wanting to stop him having contact with her as i no its important for her to see him. I dont no the ins & outs of it properly though so just wondering what will happen. Thanks.
I'm afraid that the reality is that if you move her to NZ then she will see less of him and her relationship with him will be impacted.

at the end of the day it is a judges decision when he has amassed all the evidence he needs to ascertain where the best place for the child would be, with any proviso he attaches to it.
Or SHE.

As someone who migrated ten years ago I look at my kids and their relationships with their loving and interested wider family and I can see they have lost out big time. They face adult lives out here with very little family around them. This is no small thing and the burden of knowing this can be quite heavy. I really didn't understand the magnitude of this when we migrated. I do now and I think we probably did the wrong thing choosing adventure, lifestyle, and weather over family connections. I can't imagine adding a parent into the tally of weakened and impacted relationships. That's not "mudslinging", it's just my experience and perspective a decade into this game ...
Old Aug 18th 2016, 8:27 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

You raise a good point BB. Children can miss out on rich family connections with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.
Old Aug 18th 2016, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmh
You raise a good point BB. Children can miss out on rich family connections with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.
I agree completely. I have a daughter in NZ with her husband and a young child. As a family there, they are very happy, but as she says, their boy has no other family members within a reasonable distance, and if he's lucky, he gets to see his grandad once a year and that's it.
I left the UK many years ago, for adventure, weather, salary etc, and have really enjoyed it, but I left a very big family , aunts uncles , cousins, and have no contact with them at all now, as we live different lives and vacation visits are not the same. Now, getting on in years, I have to say, I wish to some extent, that I had remained there, as family is a very important feature in life.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmh
That was one of the driving forces for me and my children to move here,we have a huge family here and only a couple of cousins 15 to 20 years older than them in UK.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 7:26 am
Just Joined

rachelm89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Update for everyone
I have spoken to my solicitor who says we will definately get access for her to leave the country. As her welfare isnt in jepordy & im still allowing some sort of access.
However. Me & my husband have decided to stay in the uk now as, like alot of you say, the ties with family & my daughters dad wont be the same.
We are going to wait until she is of age (16) & see how everything pans out then.
Thanks everyone for all your input its very much appreciated 😀
Old Aug 19th 2016, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Update for everyone
I have spoken to my solicitor who says we will definately get access for her to leave the country. As her welfare isnt in jepordy & im still allowing some sort of access.😀
He said you definitely would get permission???? How the heck can he say that???
Old Aug 19th 2016, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by j19fmm
He said you definitely would get permission???? How the heck can he say that???
Yes he said we will get to new zealand. He said it may get dragged out & cost me more if the father persist but he said as it would be beneficial for my daughter & us to improve our lifestyle he said we would be allowed. He was very confident about it. I was very surprised too as everyone on here was sure it wouldnt be allowed.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes he said we will get to new zealand. He said it may get dragged out & cost me more if the father persist but he said as it would be beneficial for my daughter & us to improve our lifestyle he said we would be allowed. He was very confident about it. I was very surprised too as everyone on here was sure it wouldnt be allowed.
Wow! That is one confident solicitor! How many of these cases has he taken on before? And how many with success?
Old Aug 19th 2016, 11:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Wow! That is one confident solicitor! How many of these cases has he taken on before? And how many with success?
Quiet a few with the mothers he said that was successful & he just had a case where he represented the father but lost & the mother got to take the children. The mother was back in 8 months however he said so was pointless!
Old Aug 20th 2016, 12:34 am

and how on earth can he say that it would be beneficial to the child.
sorry in my experience our day to day here is not as good as it was in the UK. And kids soon get bored of the words, who wants to go to the beach then/who wants to go climb a hill?

I would ask him for a money back guarantee on that
Old Aug 20th 2016, 1:08 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm I'm curious to know exactly how this solicitor would plan to execute all of this. A young girl who still sees her father semi-regularly and still has an input in her life (albeit not always a good influence so we are told, but the contact is still there) can just disappear across the other side of the world without barely seeing her again? No no, something doesn't add up here and I fear you may have been spun a yarn but this solicitor. He possibly needs to go and read up on The Hague Convention

Last edited by Pom_Chch; Aug 20th 2016 at 1:11 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.