Advice

Old Feb 6th 2016, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Salamander is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice

Originally Posted by dfjordan
Salamander; you said you "are desperate" to move to NZ, but then later say you'd really prefer Australia? It sounds to me like you just want to get out of the UK. With the levels of salaries mentioned, I would suggest you stay where you are ; I think otherwise you will live to regret it.
So would you not recommend Australia then -I really feel life would be better there!??
Old Feb 6th 2016, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

outback sunset is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Salamander
So would you not recommend Australia then -I really feel life would be better there!??
Have you approached the Child Protection Depts in Victoria and WA? I'm pretty sure that they do sponsor workers. The salaries and cost of living are a lot more in line with each other.
Old Feb 6th 2016, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Salamander

No. What I was saying was that it sounds more like you are just desperate
to leave the UK, and hence are jumping from one plan to another. That is a recipe for a disaster. As others have said, it's no fun emigrating, and you need to be sure you know what you are letting yourselves in for, both financially as well as emotionally. There are many places to choose from in the UK, and if you move and find it doesnt work out, it's not the end of the world. However, if you've invested a lot in emigrating,you may not find it easy to back track.