Reload this Page >

Accommodation in Central Wellington

Accommodation in Central Wellington

Old Dec 31st 2017, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Christofchristof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accommodation in Central Wellington

Hi everyone,

It it my first time posting on this forum, I hope you are all well.

I am going to be moving to Wellington at some point in January, but I am struggling to find somewhere to live.

Ideally I would like to live with a flatmate, so I have been looking on TradeMe which has plenty of suitable places, however in order to register I need to be living in NZ.

I have emailed TradeMe to see if there is anyway around this, but in the meantime can anyone give me any advice on the best way to find accommodation please? Also just some general advice on best practice when finding somewhere to live. I have always live with my parents so I have never had to find accommodation for myself before.

Ideally I would like to live in Thorndon, Te Aro, Mouth Victoria, Mount Cook, or around those areas. A flatmate would be ideal but I am ok with living alone.

Many thanks

Chris
Old Jan 1st 2018, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accommodation in Central Wellington

Originally Posted by Christofchristof
Hi everyone,

It it my first time posting on this forum, I hope you are all well.

I am going to be moving to Wellington at some point in January, but I am struggling to find somewhere to live.

Ideally I would like to live with a flatmate, so I have been looking on TradeMe which has plenty of suitable places, however in order to register I need to be living in NZ.

I have emailed TradeMe to see if there is anyway around this, but in the meantime can anyone give me any advice on the best way to find accommodation please? Also just some general advice on best practice when finding somewhere to live. I have always live with my parents so I have never had to find accommodation for myself before.

Ideally I would like to live in Thorndon, Te Aro, Mouth Victoria, Mount Cook, or around those areas. A flatmate would be ideal but I am ok with living alone.

Many thanks

Chris
I've heard of people being allowed a temporary month registration on TradeMe just to allow them access to sellers so they can get in touch to discuss and arrange viewings etc. This type of access just makes it read only. You cannot buy or sell anything. Get in touch with TradeMe customer services and ask.
If that isn't going to work you need some software that'll show your IP Adress as being in NZ which should allow you to register.
Old Jan 2nd 2018, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
I've heard of people being allowed a temporary month registration on TradeMe just to allow them access to sellers so they can get in touch to discuss and arrange viewings etc. This type of access just makes it read only. You cannot buy or sell anything. Get in touch with TradeMe customer services and ask.
If that isn't going to work you need some software that'll show your IP Adress as being in NZ which should allow you to register.
Thank you!

Spoke with TradeMe, they said they can allow my registration when I have a fixed date to arrive.

Cheers

Chris
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 7:51 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

join some local FB pages and ask on there
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
join some local FB pages and ask on there
Great idea, done! Thank you.