Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

8 years in the Waikato and missing me English mates!

8 years in the Waikato and missing me English mates!

Old Sep 22nd 2014, 7:23 am
Just Joined

Born in Somerset is just really niceBorn in Somerset is just really niceBorn in Somerset is just really niceBorn in Somerset is just really niceBorn in Somerset is just really niceBorn in Somerset is just really niceBorn in Somerset is just really niceBorn in Somerset is just really nice
Default 8 years in the Waikato and missing me English mates!

Anyone out there in the Waikato who fancies a beer sometime and a yarn about the pros and cons of NZ vs England?

I am a 42 year old Englishman who has been here 8 years and who is happily married to a Kiwi with whom I have two small boys. However I have just come back from a three week trip back to the West Country and it has made me realise how much I enjoyed and appreciated the time I spent with my mates and how I have not managed to replicate that here in NZ.

Feel free to drop me a line if your in the same boat.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 8 years in the Waikato and missing me English mates!

Originally Posted by Born in Somerset
I am a 42 year old Englishman who has been here 8 years and who is happily married to a Kiwi with whom I have two small boys. However I have just come back from a three week trip back to the West Country and it has made me realise how much I enjoyed and appreciated the time I spent with my mates and how I have not managed to replicate that here in NZ.
I am a 52 year old Englishman who has been here in the Waikato for 6 years and who is happily married to a kiwi with whom I have no small children.
However I have got two rather large boys at uni back in the UK and I have also inherited two lovely grown up girls.
I went back to the UK a couple of years ago and I have managed to replicate that here in NZ. I go out with a couple
of my English mates a couple of times a week to our local pub which is pretty close to a proper English pub....happy days
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

outback sunset is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Justcol
I am a 52 year old Englishman who has been here in the Waikato for 6 years and who is happily married to a kiwi with whom I have no small children.
However I have got two rather large boys at uni back in the UK and I have also inherited two lovely grown up girls.
I went back to the UK a couple of years ago and I have managed to replicate that here in NZ. I go out with a couple
of my English mates a couple of times a week to our local pub which is pretty close to a proper English pub....happy days
Well that's a relief to hear that you're all good then.

Last edited by outback sunset; Sep 22nd 2014 at 12:44 pm. Reason: edit
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by outback sunset
Well that's a relief to hear that you're all good then.
Yes it is, and I'm doing very well thank you.

get a bit of humour in your life and lighten up.

Last edited by Justcol; Sep 23rd 2014 at 11:47 am.