Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

$2 to the Pound. Will it last?

$2 to the Pound. Will it last?

Old Nov 28th 2013, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

BlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to all
Default $2 to the Pound. Will it last?

Perhaps not according to MoneyCorp.

"....sterling could continue higher, indeed it may well do so. But, like the eagle that runs out of oxygen as it reaches the stratosphere, the pound might find it needs to return a little closer to earth to regain its breath. Despite the Bank of England governor's eulogistic description of the UK economy to Parliament earlier this week there is growing concern that it could be the wrong sort of growth, driven not by wealth creation and trade but by consumer spending and an expanding house price bubble.

It is not the aim of this column to pour cold water on sterling's achievements this year but anyone with foreign currency to buy should have a long hard look at today's exchange rates. The pound is close to an eleven-month high against the euro, the US dollar and the Swiss franc, an eighteen-month high against the NZ dollar, a three-year high against the Canadian and Australian dollars and a five-year high against the South African rand and Japanese yen. Of themselves these are not reasons to sell the pound. But they are most certainly opportunities. It is, after all, Thanksgiving Day."

Looking at the 10 year chart though it does look as if some sort of head and shoulders has possibly formed. Fingers crossed.
http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?fr...o=GBP&view=10Y
Old Nov 28th 2013, 8:26 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $2 to the Pound. Will it last?

Ever the optimist, I've got a bid in for a sale at 2.2! I wouldn't be betting my life savings on it though.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

TheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeTheCockneyKiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting for us... As we were thinking of bring some money across for a deposit on a house!
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

northeastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond reputenortheastlad has a reputation beyond repute

I hope when I head back out there it gets back up to $2:£1 as it was when I first headed out - for purely selfish reasons, of course.
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

no reason at all for it to fall below 2:1 in the foreseeable future.
we had this argument when it first passed the 2 buck mark many many many many months ago.