working for yourself

Old Feb 3rd 2015, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

lekkerding is an unknown quantity at this point
Default working for yourself

ive wanted to move to the netherlands now for a good 6 years or more. the only thing is findong the work to get an income. in the uk i work for myself with a succseful car repair garage.

my question is that do you think that a small car repair garage owned and run by an english mechanic would be able to work.

ive seen some units to rent for around 800 to 2000 euros a month.

i just wanted to hear your opinions on this.

ive also looked and applied for many jobs with no such luck. suppose sometimes you need to create the work yourself.

let me know your thoughts on this.

thanks keith.
ps i can speak basic dutch. ive been learning it for a few years now so i have the basics..
Old Feb 7th 2015, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: working for yourself

Unfortunately you can't just setup a car repair business yourself like in UK. You need national qualifications and certification, it's strictly controlled for (amongst others) safety reasons. If you have a niche market like tuning/ motorsports you could probably operate a business but strictly not for domestic vehicles. If you got yourself a job here first you would soon learn the ins and outs of it all.