Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Belgium , Netherlands, Luxembourg
Reload this Page >

Is there any english living in zwolle or close? 😀

Is there any english living in zwolle or close? 😀

Old Aug 19th 2016, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Natashat is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Is there any english living in zwolle or close? 😀

Hi
I have been living and working in zwolle now for a couple of years with my dutch boyfriend and haven't come across many english speakers of course the odd few but mostly people on holiday, would like to know if there is any out there its always good to hear a familiar language and chat about home and maybe make some new friends which I have struggled with outside of the workplace.
Old Aug 21st 2016, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

Inatiswas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is there any english living in zwolle or close? 😀

Hi

There are a few English here and a few other nationalities but it's not so easy coming across them.

If you can put a couple more posts on here, I can then send you a private message.

Cheers
Old Aug 24th 2016, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

karij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nice

Yup, me I'm in Stadshagen, Zwolle but originally from Scotland. Lived here with my boyfriend (soon to be husband) for 3 years and I work in Apeldoorn
Old Sep 17th 2016, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Tanya.s is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Is there any english living in zwolle or close? 😀

Hello
I am Australian living in Kampen with my Dutch husband and would love to meet some people for a drink or lunch if there are any expats out there....sorry I don't speak Dutch.
I look forward to hearing from people!

Regards

Tanya
Old Nov 18th 2016, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Liefebeessie is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm Dutch... But I am also looking for any English-speaking people that would like to meet up. I lived in the UK for a number of years, and really miss speaking English with grown-ups on a daily basis. I speak English with my two young children (aged 4 and 1), but it's not quite the same

I am also actively looking for a childminder and/or other English-speaking kids for them to play with, to increase the amount of English they hear and speak on a daily basis. My eldest understands me just fine, but so far refuses to speak English (apart from a few odd words here and there).

So - if there's anyone out there, with or without kids, who would like to meet up, let me know!
Old Dec 1st 2016, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Liefebeessie
I'm Dutch... But I am also looking for any English-speaking people that would like to meet up. I lived in the UK for a number of years, and really miss speaking English with grown-ups on a daily basis. I speak English with my two young children (aged 4 and 1), but it's not quite the same

I am also actively looking for a childminder and/or other English-speaking kids for them to play with, to increase the amount of English they hear and speak on a daily basis. My eldest understands me just fine, but so far refuses to speak English (apart from a few odd words here and there).

So - if there's anyone out there, with or without kids, who would like to meet up, let me know!
Hi

I can meet up for a coffee. Let me know when you're free.

Cheers

Pippa
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

AmiiA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

I just moved to Zwolle from the UK (started a job in Nijverdal this week = reason for the move).

I know there hasn't been activity on this thread for a while but would love to meet up if anyone fancies it as I literally don't know anyone here except my colleagues!

Amii
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

You want to meet "English people" or "People who speak English" ?

Not the same !!!
Old Aug 3rd 2017, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

Hi

I believe you need to have 3 posts before I can send you a PM so post another 2 messages with a smiley face to my reply.

I'm English in Zwolle and have a couple of great expat friends here from different countries.

Cheers
Pip
Old Aug 4th 2017, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

karij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nice

Seems there are quite a few of us! I thought I was the only one, lol! 😉
Old Aug 4th 2017, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scot47
You want to meet "English people" or "People who speak English" ?

Not the same !!!
Yeah, aware they're not the same but I didn't specify either option in my post...
Old Aug 4th 2017, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Inatiswas
Hi

I believe you need to have 3 posts before I can send you a PM so post another 2 messages with a smiley face to my reply.

I'm English in Zwolle and have a couple of great expat friends here from different countries.

Cheers
Pip
Hi Pip

I'll post some replies in the group and then you should hopefully be able to PM me.

Just as a quick bio - I'm 31, female (people can't always tell from my name!), was living in Birmingham for the last 7 years (not a born and bred Brummy though), & I work in marketing for a large manufacturer.
Old Aug 4th 2017, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by karij1980
Seems there are quite a few of us! I thought I was the only one, lol! 😉
Ahh, I'm glad I messaged then - I wasn't sure about doing so as this thread hadn't been active for some months.
Old Aug 14th 2017, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

pompeygray is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Natashat
Hi
I have been living and working in zwolle now for a couple of years with my dutch boyfriend and haven't come across many english speakers of course the odd few but mostly people on holiday, would like to know if there is any out there its always good to hear a familiar language and chat about home and maybe make some new friends which I have struggled with outside of the workplace.
Live Almere Buiten half English born their from English Mother Father Native American can't grasp the Dutch language though for me most speak English lol
Old Aug 15th 2017, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

can't grasp the Dutch language though for me most speak English lol

a deficiency often found in those from the Offshore Islands !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.