opening a bank account

Old Apr 15th 2017, 8:01 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: opening a bank account

Originally Posted by SushiFan
@petitefrancaise you refer to your son's US green card. Does this mean that his nationality is not American? But that he holds a passport of another country? I'm not sure, but it could be that this could offer you some alternative solutions? .....
Her son is British*, but I am not sure how that would impact his choice of bank.

* A US green card hold has a "permanent visa" to enter the US and live and work there, and it is a stepping stone to getting US citizenship but there is no obligation to do so.
Old Apr 15th 2017, 8:57 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: opening a bank account

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Her son is British*, but I am not sure how that would impact his choice of bank.

* A US green card hold has a "permanent visa" to enter the US and live and work there, and it is a stepping stone to getting US citizenship but there is no obligation to do so.
Yes, Pulaski is correct, he is British, brought up in France but living as a US permanent resident for the last 3.5 years.

Thanks for the other links. I will ask my dutch friend who is sending her daughter to Holland from the USA - so similar situation,kind of.

Utrecht university recommend AON in several places on their site for international students but for my son, he will be better off going through AIG because they didn't care about the celiac disease - they probably are aware of what it really is whereas AON just threw their hands in the air and said not covered.