Netherlands

Old Apr 13th 2004, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Netherlands

I think I did a topic on this before but about the processes of immigrating. Me and my husband have got a good opportunity to go and live there, a lot of things have to work out first for it to happen, but we are hopeful and the interview is on Saturday.

Anyone who lives in Holland or has any thoughts about it please post in here.

The job would be in Western Gelderland, realistically where is the furthest you could live out? Also how is the choice of food in the supermarkets out there? I have been on holiday there before but really have no idea about the day to day living out there.

Hopefully my dream place to live is going to happen soon!
Old Jul 17th 2004, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Upperorange is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Netherlands

Hi Babsi,

We may not be Britisch ourselves but we do live in Gelderland as well. It is not the worst province in the Netherlands, were exactly will you be living?

In my opinion -I lived in London - there is no real difference in food or other products in Holland. The things on the shelves in the UK are practically the same.

If you have any more questions - please let know or pm!

Hein
Old Jul 18th 2004, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

If you land a job in Western Gelderland you could practically live anywhere in the Netherlands. Western Gelderland is right in the middle of our tiny country. Excellent place to commute to work, since most people work in the big cities like Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Utrecht. That means that you will find most traffic jams on the other side of the highway.

Nearly everything can be found in the Dutch supermarkets, but if you are looking for typical British products (I cann't recall which, but on the Canadian forum I came accross a lot of products I have never heard of) you might have a hard time.

And the language probably won't cause too much problems either since most people speak at least a bit of English.