Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Belgium , Netherlands, Luxembourg
Reload this Page >

Moving to Holland .. advice needed!

Moving to Holland .. advice needed!

Old Feb 28th 2018, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

ClaireElise1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Holland .. advice needed!

Hi

I am moving to Holland from the UK to join my partner (who is dutch) later this year. I have been researching online but I wondered if anyone could clarify the process (pre Brexit) for us.

Is it as simple as registering at the town hall when I arrive? Is there anything else that needs to be done before I make the move and after I arrive?

Also I currently work as a "cloud based" freelance accountant which is work that I can obviously take with me. Is there anything I would need to do in the first few months to legally work from Holland?

All help massively appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Claire
Old Feb 28th 2018, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Holland .. advice needed!

Nobody can clarify Brexit. Not even the serving UK government.

Yes, register at the town hall within 5 days of arriving to live here. You will require a basic policy of Dutch health insurance by law. It makes sense at some point to register with the IND, considering what's going to happen next year, but this isn't essential right now as your entitlement to live here is still governed by EU law: however, it might be essential if you start your own business?

To work as a freelancer, you should read up on the KvK (Chamber of Commerce) site about the difference categories, they will advise you of the process better than we can. This link to the Expat Centre gives you a run through.

Good luck!
Old Mar 1st 2018, 9:40 am
Just Joined

ClaireElise1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Holland .. advice needed!

Thank you