Moved to holland. HELP!!!

Old Apr 24th 2014, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

RickyVilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moved to holland. HELP!!!

Originally Posted by Red_Wine_Fairy
RoC van Amsterdam runs the Dutch as a second language (NT2) course at its Hoofddorp venue on Opaallaan.

http://www.rocva.nl/educatie/taalond...s/default.aspx
Many thanks RWF. That looks good.
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Anthony phillips is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I want to start a new life can i do this

I am 22 and looking at starting a new life as have no family here in England.
I don't speak Dutch and will be camping for some time until I find the money for a place to stay but will any one take me for work how easy is it to get a job

I do suffer with mild reading difficulties I hope this wont cause problems

my qualifications
pool life guard
building level 3

previous work placements
2 stable jobs
bar attendant
hrgo agency
man power agency
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Anthony phillips is an unknown quantity at this point

I am moving to Holland and need some advice on moving and working there
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

gioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant future
Default Re: I want to start a new life can i do this

Originally Posted by Anthony phillips
I am 22 and looking at starting a new life as have no family here in England.
I don't speak Dutch and will be camping for some time until I find the money for a place to stay but will any one take me for work how easy is it to get a job

I do suffer with mild reading difficulties I hope this wont cause problems

my qualifications
pool life guard
building level 3

previous work placements
2 stable jobs
bar attendant
hrgo agency
man power agency
It will be pretty hard if you don't know anybody and don't speak Dutch. You could be lucky of you can get some cash in hand work at an expats pub. You will be competing with students who speak 3 languages fluently and can work for peanuts.
Old Jun 6th 2014, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute

You would be exceptionally luck to get cash in hand work at an expats pub. There aren't that many of them, they all get a dozen people asking every week, and the Dutch bars (or other recreational establishments) almost never take on people who don't speak Dutch when there is a huge local talent pool of bilingual students from the local University to select from.

I would strongly advise that if you come here, you avoid any cities. Try the campsites around Zeeland, perhaps, or apply to one of the big camping companies (like eurocamp for example) for courier (cleaning/serving/customer service) work, who provide you with return travel, shared accommodation and a job from around now until the end of September 'somewhere' in Europe.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 1:10 am
Just Joined

Barbara50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there - just wondered if you were still in Valkenswaard, as my Dutchie and I have just bought a house there. Would be nice to meet up if you are still in the area !
Old Sep 15th 2014, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

yvo1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey!
That sounds good! I'll inbox you now
Old Sep 15th 2014, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute

Yvo1987: how about keeping us updated how you have faired so far..! ;-)