Fishing in amsterdam?

Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

ajleek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fishing in amsterdam?

Does anybody know where I can buy fishing tackle in amsterdam, and does anybody have any advice on where to fish/ what sort of bait to use etc? would be most appreciated!

thanks
Old Sep 19th 2008, 3:49 pm
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fishing in amsterdam?

Originally Posted by ajleek
Does anybody know where I can buy fishing tackle in amsterdam, and does anybody have any advice on where to fish/ what sort of bait to use etc? would be most appreciated!

thanks
Hi,

I buy my tackle and other fishing materials in Aalsmeer (cheaper then Amsterdam), just Google "dierenspeciaalzaak+aalsmeer". The bait I use depends on what I'm after. For carp I use the carp balls or corn. But I'll also fish with cheese, worms or magets. Around Amsterdam there are several awesome fishing waters. I like the park near Spaarnwoude myself. Nice and quiet and no damn boats to tear your lines. Biggest carp I've ever caught was 16,4 kilograms. Biggest pike was 6,8 kilograms (Damn good on the BBQ). You do need a fishing license in and around Amsterdam it's http://www.vislust.nl (Unfortunately all in Dutch, but ask if you need help) Good luck and have fun. And yes, the Dutch are more then willing to help a foreign "fishing friend", so don't be afraid to ask.

Dutchie

Last edited by Dutchie; Sep 19th 2008 at 3:52 pm.