English guy in groningen

Old Mar 17th 2012, 10:26 am
Just Joined

Tylerjet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English guy in groningen

Hello im andrew 35 from south yorkshire, i've been living and working in holland for 7 years now, i live in groningen but i work all over holland.
I'm just looking to see if there are any other british people living or working in or around groningen i love the dutch people but sometimes a good old natter with a british person is also nice.

Kind Regards
Andrew
Old Mar 21st 2012, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Bookish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: English guy in groningen

Hehe, I was in Groningen until about a year ago It's an awesome city. I miss it sometimes. Sorry I can't be more help though!
Old Mar 21st 2012, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Did you move back to the UK ?
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

No, I moved out to the Randstad.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:45 pm
welsh carpenter

welsh carpenter is an unknown quantity at this point

i know what you mean m8, im in rotterdam at the moment, what do you do here?
Old Apr 20th 2012, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

sezmo84 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, im sarah, 27 from manchester. I go back home for a week on Wednesday but after that I will be staying in friesland and just going back home one weekend a month. I will be living with my boyfriend in a small village near sneek/leeuwarden. In Sept I may be starting a dutch course in groningen, unless I find a course closer to where i live. If you are ever in the area and would want to meet for a coffee and a 'chin wag' feel free to contact me. Hope you manage to meet closer other expats to home.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by welsh carpenter
i know what you mean m8, im in rotterdam at the moment, what do you do here?
I remove asbestos... i have even removed it from the erasmus hospital in rotterdam.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sezmo84
hi, im sarah, 27 from manchester. I go back home for a week on Wednesday but after that I will be staying in friesland and just going back home one weekend a month. I will be living with my boyfriend in a small village near sneek/leeuwarden. In Sept I may be starting a dutch course in groningen, unless I find a course closer to where i live. If you are ever in the area and would want to meet for a coffee and a 'chin wag' feel free to contact me. Hope you manage to meet closer other expats to home.
Sneek is not to far about 30 - 40 minutes drive...I spent my last 6 months in the UK near manchester a place called atherton in leigh.

Sure a chin wag with a british person is always fun i dont have to think what i'm saying always which can actually be relaxing sounds funny lol.

I am self taught dutch which is a hard language to learn but it demanded that i know the language for my job and exams i have to do every 3 years.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 9:34 am
welsh carpenter

Smile Re: English guy in groningen

Originally Posted by Tylerjet
I remove asbestos... i have even removed it from the erasmus hospital in rotterdam.
tidy, well im a carpenter and going to look at fitting all the doors in the new extension of erasmus mc, maybe see you there, i also kind of know some irish guy doing the same work as you in the same place?,you been watching the rugby? anywayskeep in touch maybe go for a pint one day soon, cheers
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

I was at the erasmus over 2 years ago we have to remove the asbestos first before they can crack on with other stuff.

Where in the uk are you from ?
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

sezmo84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sneek is not to far about 30 - 40 minutes drive...I spent my last 6 months in the UK near manchester a place called atherton in leigh.

Sure a chin wag with a british person is always fun i dont have to think what i'm saying always which can actually be relaxing sounds funny lol.

I am self taught dutch which is a hard language to learn but it demanded that i know the language for my job and exams i have to do every 3 years.
Well done for teaching yourself dutch!! How on earth did you manage that? I am finding it soooo difficult, but people around me mainly speak friesian but when speaking to me they speak english or dutch. I was diagnosed with dyslexia although I managed to learn english well at school etc, so maybe thats why I find it difficult to learn a new language. Leigh...is that towards oldham? I dont think I have been there. Like I said Im back to england on wednesday, but please keep in touch then we can maybe meet when I am back and here for a longer time. Think I went to groningen last time I was here, to an art museum in the centre, Il check with my boytfriend. Hope you have had a nice weekend :-)
Old Apr 24th 2012, 1:09 pm
welsh carpenter

I was at the erasmus over 2 years ago we have to remove the asbestos first before they can crack on with other stuff.

Where in the uk are you from ?
from wales, nobody heard of the place over here :] with regards to the above reply learning dutch is`nt difficult, but speaking welsh is an advantage over just english speakers, for obvious reasons, i`d recomend the same, movies with subtitles, however alot of the time they are very wrong translations, childrens books and programmes are a good starter, good luck
Old Apr 24th 2012, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

<random comment that has nothing to do with the topic>
Welsh is an AWESOME language
</random comment that has nothing to do with the topic>
Old Apr 24th 2012, 2:02 pm
welsh carpenter

Originally Posted by Bookish
<random comment that has nothing to do with the topic>
Welsh is an AWESOME language
</random comment that has nothing to do with the topic>
Diolch yn fawr :]
Old Apr 24th 2012, 2:03 pm
welsh carpenter

thank you :]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.