Curry... Cider... Utrecht

Old May 5th 2015, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

ChristovGuitar is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Curry... Cider... Utrecht

Hello,

1 year in Holland, and despite numerous attempts I can not find a decent curry house. Many places sell curry of course, but not the typical English/indian I would expect from home. So now ive had to start learning how to make my own.

Just wondered if anyone knew any good curry houses (Dutch need not reply, unless you have experienced Cheese Nans, and Eat Fried rice and nuke hot chicken Phauls from the UK / Birmingham.

Same as above but for Cider.. everytime I ask for Cider people look at me and offer some weird fizzy wine. Any ideas anyone please let me know
Old May 7th 2015, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

StevieLW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Curry... Cider... Utrecht

Its also two things I cannot find and miss incredibly, a proper curry and real cider!

There are some of the british sauce brands appearing in the supermarket recently that help to quell the craving, but nothing like a proper curry house curry!
Old May 9th 2015, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

karij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nice

Yeah, I can get Pataks in the supermarket, but it's not like back home...... we went to an Indian restaurant last year and the owner greeted us and asked if everything had been ok and that she hoped to see us soon. I said it was possible, but I didn't see my favourite (chicken korma) on the menu. I mentioned that I used to live in Leicester which is pretty good for Indian restaurants and she had heard of Leicester and that next time we were at the restaurant to let her know and she would cook me a chicken korma :P
Old May 14th 2015, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

karij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nice

Not sure if it helps, but I was in Ikea earlier and they have cider in their foodmarket