apostille stamp

Old Sep 21st 2008, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

brummie girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default apostille stamp

Hi All

Have not posted anything for a while (but have lurked)

We have just moved to The Netherlands now and are settling in fine. My husband (british) even got his BSN so he will now be able to open a bank account and start all other things where we needed this number for rolling (zorg verzekering)

When registering at the Gemeentehuis we were told that his birth certificate should have a 'apostille stamp'. (I am dutch myself and did not need this) He did not have this done.. but they still registered him. They advised us to work on geting the stamp, but that it would not impact on his registration as he will get his BSN number.

I am wondering now if they really need this apostille stamp. Does anybody else here have experience with a council not insisting for a cert with this 'apostille stamp'

Thanks!

H.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

mishimoto is just really nicemishimoto is just really nicemishimoto is just really nicemishimoto is just really nicemishimoto is just really nicemishimoto is just really nicemishimoto is just really nicemishimoto is just really nice
Default Re: apostille stamp

As far as I know it is correct. My partner moved over a few weeks ago, we have both got our sofi numbers, although I am not moving over for another 2 months. We were told to contact the legalisation department at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office to get an apostille stamp on a certified copy of our birth certificates. This then needs to be handed over at the town hall when we register. The certified copies have to be no more than 6 months old. I rang the Register of Births/Marriages/Deaths in the UK and for a fee they send to you a certified copy of your birth certificate. I got this fast tracked and it arrived the next working day. It cost about £55 for both of them to be certified. I have now sent these certified copies off to the Legalisation Dept, where, apparently there is a backlog and turn around time is about 1 month. I am now awaiting the certified copies with the apostille stamp doc attached.

All the information should be here: http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-the-f.../legalisation/
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

brummie girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: apostille stamp

seems strange though that they provide you with the number anyway.. even though the neccesary docs have not been supplied yet;-) fine by us!