Burgerservicenummer Catch 22!

Old Jun 4th 2017, 10:08 am
Just Joined

Paxo16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Burgerservicenummer Catch 22!

Many thanks for the invaluable advice, RWF. I have read all those documents and now have a fairly clear idea of what I must do. Just one point I would raise. You say that the agency will backdate the premiums from the date of registration at the Town Hall. I did find the following under "People with no health insurance": Quote: "Premium not paid with retroactive effect

You do not have to pay the premium with retroactive effect. You must pay the costs of any medical care incurred during the period in which you were not insured yourself."

Have I read this correctly? Premiums not back dated? Many thanks for you help.
Old Jun 4th 2017, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute

If you have followed the rules there should be no problem. They are only likely to backdate it if you have wilfully tried to avoid registering or paying. i.e.: if you registered the 4 month rule still applies.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paxo16
Many thanks for the invaluable advice, RWF. I have read all those documents and now have a fairly clear idea of what I must do. Just one point I would raise. You say that the agency will backdate the premiums from the date of registration at the Town Hall. I did find the following under "People with no health insurance": Quote: "Premium not paid with retroactive effect

You do not have to pay the premium with retroactive effect. You must pay the costs of any medical care incurred during the period in which you were not insured yourself."

Have I read this correctly? Premiums not back dated? Many thanks for you help.
Perhaps this has now changed. I've looked at this website which is linked from a document called New to the Netherlands, and there is also no information about backdating premiums; however, it does confirm the fine.

https://www.zorgverzekeringslijn.nl/coming-from-abroad/
Old Jun 5th 2017, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute

Coming from abroad

The Dutch healthcare system
Anyone who resides or works in the Netherlands is required, under the Health Insurance Act (Zorgverzekeringswet), to enroll with a health insurer to cover medical expenses within four months of arrival. ......
Old Jun 6th 2017, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Paxo16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice guys. Basically, get insured within 4 months or get fined. I wont qualify for the S1 procedure for about 14 months, and who knows what the situation might be then after the beloved Theresa has stirred up a hornet's nest with her metaphorical size 12s! Thanks again.