Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Europe / Netherlands

Old Nov 28th 2017, 4:38 pm   #16
Forum Regular

neurotic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BSN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
The BSN number is quite important; you can't get paid without one! Further, it allows you to register with a Doctor, register a car. Also, if you work in Holland, you'll be paying into the Social tax funds (unemployment, pension etc), again, you need the BSN for this.
I'm aware of that, but don't I need to have an address first? I can't just walk in to whichever gemeente to ask for one, while staying at an AirBnB flat or a hotel, can I?
neurotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th 2017, 4:50 pm   #17
Cynic Male
Forum Regular

Cynic is just really niceCynic is just really niceCynic is just really niceCynic is just really niceCynic is just really niceCynic is just really niceCynic is just really niceCynic is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurotic View Post
I'm aware of that, but don't I need to have an address first? I can't just walk in to whichever gemeente to ask for one, while staying at an AirBnB flat or a hotel, can I?
When we did it (albeit many years ago and was called a SOFI number then), it was all part of the same process. If your landlord is happy for you to register at your Airbnb address, then you can register, get it over and done with, then when you find somewhere permanent, just let them know the change of address.
Cynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th 2017, 8:23 pm   #18
BE Enthusiast

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you are right, it seems the council issue you with a BSN also these days. Used to be more complex. Good luck!
calman014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Europe / Netherlands