Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Belgium , Netherlands, Luxembourg
Reload this Page >

British School of the Netherlands

British School of the Netherlands

Old Feb 3rd 2014, 3:00 am
Just Joined

happytrails is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British School of the Netherlands

Hello,

We are considering sending our children to the BSN, senior school in Voorschoten.

Appreciate if anyone can share knowledge, or experiences, of the school.

Thanks!
Old Feb 5th 2014, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British School of the Netherlands

I don't know this school personally. I do believe however that it is a private, rather than a subsided school. Make sure that you check the fees there compared to a government sponsored international school, before deciding.

It follows the UK national curriculum as I'm sure you know. From experience, I'd absolutely choose the Internationale Baccalaureate programme over (I)GCSEs, given the choice: although BSN has good reviews from UK expats.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 12:04 am
Just Joined

happytrails is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Red_Wine_Fairy,

Thanks for your reply. I'd be interested to read any reviews of the BSN.

Yes, it is private (I hear the bank balance dropping as I write!). The BSN follows the British curriculum until GCSE's and then they offer a choice at 6th form of A levels or the IB Diploma. No decision yet on 6th form, that's something that will have to taken/guided when the time comes.

I do support the both the IB and the Dutch system-but the IB not well suited to all children, especially in the middle years, including ours(!), and most TTO final exams are given in Dutch at this point in time :-(. I would gladly choose a Dutch school if this were otherwise (jammer!)

Still interested in learning all I can about the BSN. You mention reviews of the BSN in your post. Can you please forward any links to references or reviews?

Thanks!
Old Feb 6th 2014, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute

The feedback is quite old now But I'll link it anyway

http://community.expatica.com/forums...post_id/239990

http://community.expatica.com/forums...post_id/135057