Another new one...

Old May 25th 2007, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Ron Baker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another new one...

Oh and one more thing, my son likes rugby my my sport is golf and football.....
Old May 25th 2007, 7:53 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ron Baker
Oh and one more thing, my son likes rugby my my sport is golf and football.....
Rugby in the Amsterdam area is not a real problem.

AAC, Amstelveen are the 2 main clubs

Football everywhere.

Golf is getting very popular, but not cheap, and memberships harder to get than a lottery win.
Old May 25th 2007, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Thanks again! is there a link for a reccomended map of Amstelveen and surrounding area or is it included in your Amstelveen website link ?
Old May 25th 2007, 7:57 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a list of 21 estate agents in Amstelveen.

Take your pick

http://www.funda.nl/Makelaars/Result...&er=0&ut=False
Old May 25th 2007, 7:58 am
Going for a ride

Thanks again! is there a link for a reccomended map of Amstelveen and surrounding area or is it included in your Amstelveen website link ?
Have you tried google earth ?

Gives you a good idea of how green certain areas are.
Old May 25th 2007, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Nope but i will now and check it out
Old May 25th 2007, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by furkew

Take your pick

i have saved the link and will go thru all with my wife tonite !
Old May 29th 2007, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by furkew

Take your pick

Hi, i looked thru the list, they seem to be all linked, is that correct ? and is there a way to view in English ? is there a way to get information to buy ? (or is this all thru the Makellaar ? .......... cheers Ron
Old May 29th 2007, 10:29 am
Just Joined

dutchmarbel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, i looked thru the list, they seem to be all linked, is that correct ? and is there a way to view in English ? is there a way to get information to buy ? (or is this all thru the Makellaar ? .......... cheers Ron
funda.nl is the National Dutch Real Estate site. Almost all agents advertize their offers on there, but the target group is the national population so they don't have a special English version. That is also why everything seems linked; you have the summary on funda.nl. Most Real Estate agents have own websites, probabely also in Dutch but if you email them they ought to be able to respond in English.

You can also click the tab 'woningaanbod' and search for houses. You can fill in a postcode (Amstelveen is 1181) and a region, or a placename and a region.

If you buy you have to be aware that tax and real estate costs will add another ca 10% to the price (and Dutch houses are allready pretty expensive). 'Huur' is 'Rent', so you can look there too (another tab in the menu on the top of the page). 'Kamer' = 'Room', woonkamer = 'living' 'etate'='floor' (first floor is one level higher than the pavement).

If you want info about neighbourhoods I can give you some basic info (I lived in Amstelveel for a few years, grew up in Amsterdam and currently live in Haarlem which is 16km closer to the sea but my spouse bikes to his work in Amsterdam).
Old May 29th 2007, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Many thanks for the information, most helpful. Im getting to know some of the dutch words and get thru the red-tape in the Makelaar sites ! Maybe Uithoorn/Aalsmeer area might be cheaper than central Amstelveen ?
Old May 29th 2007, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dutchmarbel
funda.nl is the National Dutch Real Estate site. Almost all agents advertize their offers on there, but the target group is the national population so they don't have a special English version. That is also why everything seems linked; you have the summary on funda.nl. Most Real Estate agents have own websites, probabely also in Dutch but if you email them they ought to be able to respond in English.

You can also click the tab 'woningaanbod' and search for houses. You can fill in a postcode (Amstelveen is 1181) and a region, or a placename and a region.

If you buy you have to be aware that tax and real estate costs will add another ca 10% to the price (and Dutch houses are allready pretty expensive). 'Huur' is 'Rent', so you can look there too (another tab in the menu on the top of the page). 'Kamer' = 'Room', woonkamer = 'living' 'etate'='floor' (first floor is one level higher than the pavement).

If you want info about neighbourhoods I can give you some basic info (I lived in Amstelveel for a few years, grew up in Amsterdam and currently live in Haarlem which is 16km closer to the sea but my spouse bikes to his work in Amsterdam).
What does the extra information mean please ? € 425 hypotheek / mnd
Aangeboden door: EKZ | Makelaars Uithoorn ....... thanks
Old May 29th 2007, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

That's an ad for people selling mortgages. hypotheek=mortgage, they will give you an estimation of what the costs are if you want to buy the house. The estimation will be netto (including the tax deduction the average person will get).

Don't know wether you want your kid to go to school in the Netherlands; that might influence the decision about where to stay too.

Uithoorn is cheaper, but has less facilities (Amstelveen is in practice a suburb of Amsterdam). You can find travel distances and route estimations on http://www.routenet.nl/default.asp

Quite a lot of communes are online these days; just try www.uithoorn.nl for instance, and click on the 'english' option. Beware that you need a living permit in most of the Netherlands; houses under a certain price can only be rented or bought if you have a communal permit. Those permits can be reserved for people allready living in the commune, or with economical ties, or above a certain age. The rules are set by the commune, so they differ widely. Above a certain price is free market (both for buying and for renting).
Old May 29th 2007, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks for the information, most helpful. Im getting to know some of the dutch words and get thru the red-tape in the Makelaar sites ! Maybe Uithoorn/Aalsmeer area might be cheaper than central Amstelveen ?
Oh, and 'buurt' means neighbourhood. If you look at houses via funda.nl, you have a tab 'buurt'. If you click on that one, you get a map with circles. Click on one of the circles, and you will get pictures of the street and the neighbourhood (taken with a fisheye lens of course, but it still gives an indication).
Old May 29th 2007, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Hmmm... my previous post seems to be eaten by the internets.
Hypotheek = mortgage. They show you an ad from a company selling mortgages, telling you wat the most favourable costs would be. Netto means they allready estimate your tax deduction and include it.

In the Netherlands there is a housing shortage, which means that only the houses above a certain price level are free-market (both buying and renting). The cheaper ones are only available for people with a communal permission. Commune decides both the rules and the borders, so they can vary widely.

www.routenet.nl lets you estimate the distance and the routes from possible living places till your work (but doesn't take traffic jams into account). They have an English version too.

Most communities are online. So you can just type www.communename.nl and see if they are online too and wether they have an English version of their homepage.
Old May 30th 2007, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Much appreciated information and i will try and get some better understanding of the areas ....