30 pct tax rule help pls

Old Aug 1st 2012, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Patrick01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 30 pct tax rule help pls

I am trying to apply for the the 30 pct dispensation and under the 2012 paperwork the tax people are asking for a letter from my local authority in Uk to provide a letter staing where I live in the UK - my authority wont do this but will only provide a copy of a council tax bill. Has anyone else had this issue and what did you do to satisfy them.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 30 pct tax rule help pls

I think they mean a copy of your entry on the electoral role? Try calling the electoral registrar (department) at your council to see if they do this.

Here they have the GBA (nationwide gemeente/townhall database) and you can get an uitreksel (free when you register at the Town Hall, a few euros each time afterwards), required for just about anything, like taking out a mortgage, etc etc... The Dutch being Dutch expect every country to have just the same system.

I've not heard of them asking for this before, and my husband didn't have to supply it for his 30% ruling. If the Electoral Register Department isn't able to provide you with a copy of your information, I'd try to send your council bill and say this is the only thing they give out.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 7:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Red_Wine_Fairy
I think they mean a copy of your entry on the electoral role? Try calling the electoral registrar (department) at your council to see if they do this.

Here they have the GBA (nationwide gemeente/townhall database) and you can get an uitreksel (free when you register at the Town Hall, a few euros each time afterwards), required for just about anything, like taking out a mortgage, etc etc... The Dutch being Dutch expect every country to have just the same system.

I've not heard of them asking for this before, and my husband didn't have to supply it for his 30% ruling. If the Electoral Register Department isn't able to provide you with a copy of your information, I'd try to send your council bill and say this is the only thing they give out.
many thanks - have sent in my council tax bill - lets see what happens -
Old Aug 21st 2012, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

gogs_kaz is on a distinguished road

Patrick,
I'd be interested to see how you get on and if your council tax bill is sufficient.
I have been asked the same question by the dutch authorities and spoke with my local authority back in the UK and they have no idea what is required.

Gogs
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Gogs - have sent my council tax bill in - just waiting for a response - will let you know.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Success - council tax bill works just fine.