Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Would i qualify for benefits?

Would i qualify for benefits?

Old Aug 17th 2014, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would i qualify for benefits?

My step dad got pulled over only has a paper license there was no fine or points because of the license. A paper license is still legal to drive on and does not get you points or a fine. In order to fine you or give you points then you have to do something illegal. Having a paper license only is not illegal. They can only fine you if you haven't updated your information. I believe it is 2015 when the photocard becomes a requirement.

Last edited by lgabriel73; Aug 17th 2014 at 6:09 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2014, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

London1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lgabriel73
My step dad got pulled over only has a paper license there was no fine or points because of the license. A paper license is still legal to drive on and does not get you points or a fine. In order to fine you or give you points then you have to do something illegal. Having a paper license only is not illegal. They can only fine you if you haven't updated your information. I believe it is 2015 when the photocard becomes a requirement.
Well that being the case then it didn't cost me anything. But it's worth remembering that if you apply if say you have three years or so left.
Old Aug 17th 2014, 8:10 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I need to change the address on it though, and the form wants both parts.

Interesting.
If you already have a photocard though, then that's different I think. If you've updated your passport recently, they can use the same photo as it's stored electronically.

If you have a passport, you can apply online with a gateway ID - https://www.gov.uk/renew-driving-licence