Work Permit For UK????

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 5:20 am
KuJib

Im planning on going over to scotland for 3 months to be with my fiance. then she
will be my wife and will be doing the I-130. I have heard from ppl over there that it
is really easy to get a work permit and stuff over there. Does anyone know if this is
true and if so... how do i go about getting this? Joel

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 1:00 pm
mhaley12345

You will find people who work "under the table" over there, my brother did this for a
short time at a hotel years ago, but a company would have to get you a work permit
before you go over to do it legally. And to do that, they have to show why they would
need to hire you, special or hard to find skill?, instead of someone from there.

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 3:12 pm
kevin

As far as I know if you're legally resident you're entitled to work-- you just need
to register with the social security & tax departments.

"KuJib" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 3:50 pm
mhaley12345

It does take awhile if you are going to apply for permanent residency and than to
wait for the stamp in your passport which will authorize you to seek employment. If
you are planning to stay just the 3 months, chances are you won't even have much
time...again unless you have a skill they really are in need of, which cuts alot of
red tape. I know someone from the US, who is a nurse, who was able to work right
away...she married someone from there. And a special ed teacher whose school she
works for there got her the work permit. Both skills that are in need. Another friend
worked as a medical secretary in the US, married a man from there, and is still
waiting to get approval.