Wisbech

Old Aug 14th 2015, 11:52 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wisbech

Comments please, whats wrong with the town and surrounding areas? Thank you.
Old Aug 15th 2015, 12:29 am
nun
BE Forum Addict

nun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wisbech

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Comments please, whats wrong with the town and surrounding areas? Thank you.
Wisbech is a nice market town. It's a long way from any big city, which might be a plus or minus. It has a reputation for conservative politics and is a major target for UKIP in both council and Parliamentary elections.
Old Aug 15th 2015, 12:32 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I used to live just outside Cambridge, so know roughly the area, just wondered why there were so many houses with no upward chain or empty possession, wasn't sure if the area had died a death.
Old Aug 15th 2015, 7:38 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I used to live just outside Cambridge, so know roughly the area, just wondered why there were so many houses with no upward chain or empty possession, wasn't sure if the area had died a death.
I assume it is simply too far from Cambridge to benefit (or suffer) from the overheated Cambridge housing market. Aren't all the towns in that neck of the woods a bit slow property wise? Ely is close enough to Cambridge to be expensive, but once you get out to March and Kings Lynn and so forth, train journey times are longer.
Old Aug 15th 2015, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby interviewed for a job there a couple of years back, nice enough town but some complained that it was a bit off the beaten track and awkward if you have to rely on public transport. From what I understand, there are numerous places in that area that have somehow avoided being it by exploding property prices over the years.
Old Aug 15th 2015, 8:12 pm

So nothing major to worry about then? Thats reassuring. At this time our thoughts don't require being employed and the business we are thinking of doesn't require passing trade, but we need to be not too far from some of the things we have lots of knowledge of and a few connections for word of mouth. Both of us are completely comfortable with the idea of moving back but have not yet ruled out Ontario or rvrn a mix of both.
Old Aug 16th 2015, 7:12 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Is Wisbech one of those places where large parts of the town, and much of the residential property, is vulnerable to flooding? I'm just wondering out loud; I think there's a national flood risk map or something, I'll have a look...
Old Aug 16th 2015, 7:22 am
Heading for Poppyland

Lots of good information from Fenland District Council and (nationally) from the Environment Agency. Maps, data, historical information about floods and flood defenses etc. I won't put links here, because there's all kinds of info from the general to the granular, but definitely worth a look.
Old Aug 16th 2015, 12:23 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
Lots of good information from Fenland District Council and (nationally) from the Environment Agency. Maps, data, historical information about floods and flood defenses etc. I won't put links here, because there's all kinds of info from the general to the granular, but definitely worth a look.
The flood map is fun. You can feed in an address and it shows you an OS map with the areas liable to flood in blue. When I was thinking of buying a place on the Somerset levels it gave me hours of innocent amusement.
Old Aug 16th 2015, 9:01 pm

Thank you for that, I'll takexa lookyloo
Old Aug 17th 2015, 11:54 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

It's the Fens, there be Fenfolk there.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 9:45 pm

You're not wrong there Bats lol I have had a very helpful PM from another poster, erm, I think Wisbech is off the list, googled a little more and it's a bit of a worry lol
Old Aug 19th 2015, 4:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

You're not wrong there Bats lol I have had a very helpful PM from another poster, erm, I think Wisbech is off the list, googled a little more and it's a bit of a worry lol
Only just seen your original post and I'm glad you've had a heads up and Googled!
Old Aug 19th 2015, 8:33 pm

Quoll, is there any other places that we should avoid in East Anglia? I don't want to ask my sister as I vaguely mentioned the possibility of moving back and she got really excited, and we are still throwing ideas around.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 8:42 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Quoll, is there any other places that we should avoid in East Anglia? I don't want to ask my sister as I vaguely mentioned the possibility of moving back and she got really excited, and we are still throwing ideas around.
Thetford, well most of it. Brandon, Lakenheath, Mildenhall, Ely, Soham. Mind you if you want a bargain fixer upper in Brandon we have one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.