Where else to begin...?

Old Aug 16th 2017, 1:01 am
Just Joined

WhoisDory is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Where else to begin...?

I've been in the USA for 6 years and am now looking to move back with my children. Obviously I need their fathers permission etc... but what else do I need to do, do I really need to ship all furniture or just buy new... I still have things I do need and want to ship, is renting going to be hard to do? I have a U.K. Bank account still, how about buying a car? I guess my usa credit does nothing in the U.K.?
Arrghhhhh so much going on in my head right now
Old Aug 16th 2017, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where else to begin...?

1. Do your children have UK passports? If not, then get them.
2. It is up to you whether to ship or not. Some do and some don't. Generally, if the majority of your things are old and getting close to replacement, then don't bother and use a service like Movecube to ship the bits you need to.
3. Renting will come down to finances and location. If you can show you have the funds to pay the rent either from savings or a job, then it wont be an issue.
4. Generally credit doesn't follow you. So, as soon as you get back get on the electoral role and there are lots of little things you can do to quickly build up a credit rating such as getting a credit card - there are ones that have tiny credit limits available for people with no credit history.