Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

Old Nov 1st 2014, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

The following is a quote on the USA forum from someone who arrived in the San Francisco Bay Area today.

Originally Posted by fozzyb
I've got to say this does feel rather surreal.

For a Brit, sitting in an office in Santa Clara watching my US colleagues getting excited about rain.

Last edited by Michael; Nov 1st 2014 at 12:02 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2014, 12:07 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Was in London yesterday. It got up to 24 degrees! Barmy weather but definitely not complaing
Old Nov 1st 2014, 12:50 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1
Was in London yesterday. It got up to 24 degrees! Barmy weather but definitely not complaing
Indeed, its just about my perfect temperature, low 20's. I have friends in Australia message me saying it is 30 or 32 trying to make me jealous, I dont think so lol.
Old Nov 1st 2014, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

Fresh air. Whoop! whoop!

Chilly start, fresh air. Clear blue sky.Bright.Sun coming up to take a bit of the chill off. Slight chill in the wind. Great for working outdoors.

Did I mention fresh air.
Old Nov 1st 2014, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

moggi1964 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yesterday it was a high of 50f and the morning began at 39f. Perfect for this:
Attached Thumbnails What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?-like-father.jpg  
Old Nov 1st 2014, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful today. Just went for a walk along by the canal.
Attached Thumbnails What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?-image.jpg  
Old Nov 1st 2014, 4:24 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Indeed, its just about my perfect temperature, low 20's. I have friends in Australia message me saying it is 30 or 32 trying to make me jealous, I dont think so lol.
Yeah, I love the sun but much prefer the temperate weather to sweating my ass of in the humidity.

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Beautiful today. Just went for a walk along by the canal.
WOW that looks very pretty, Sally
Old Nov 1st 2014, 4:48 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

Thick fog - a real pea-souper - here in Zug, central Switzerland. It was foggy yesterday but the sun broke through eventually, but not today at all.

We decided to go up above the clouds to one of the moutains...today we thought we would venture futher afield and went up the Stanserhorn, which is 45 minutes away, above Lake Lucerne. To get up the mountain you take an old Victorian funicular train, then change halfway onto a large gondola.

The kulm (top of the mountain) is quite a small area, there is a large open air restaurant and lots of people were sitting in the sun and eating lunch. I walked on a trail (approx 30 mins walk) with spectacular views of the snow capped Mounts Titlis, the Eiger, Jungjaufroch and in the opposite direction our local high peak, Mount Rigi and Pilatus. I could see that Lake Zug was still swathed in thick cloud. It was very warm in the sun, perhaps in the mid 70's Fahrenheit.

My spouse ran all the way down the mountain (crazy guy) and as we drove back to our apartment in a lakeside village, we were once again in the fog and the car temperature gauge stated that the outside temp was 10.5C (not sure what that is in F but it was cold after being in the sun....I quite enjoy being in as the daylight fades, it is like the scene of a Horror movie! Staying in tonight, will light some candles and watch a movie on TV. I feel like hunkering down and getting warm and cosy at this time of year

(Will try and post a pic later if I can)
Old Nov 2nd 2014, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

Had to turn the heating on this a.m. for the first time. . Just to take the chill out of the house. Turned it off 1/2 hour later. Now turning into a beautiful crisp day, bright and cloudless. Ideal evening to light the fire pit.
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bright, crisp and clear, warming up to 74f. Nice.
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Dreich, with a touch of claggy
^^^ this applies nicely to my bit of Easterly Canada today !

S
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

KariH is an unknown quantity at this point

Cloudy and rainy all day, about 5-10 degrees celcius. In Oslo. Norway
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 7:17 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

A thunderstorm here in Devon. Back in Canada the noise of thunder would prompt a check of the Weather Channel for a tornado warning. Glad I don't have to do that now.
Old Nov 4th 2014, 2:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

After our big down pour of 0.50", it's forecast to be sunny into the 70s F until November 11th.
Old Nov 4th 2014, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Mary C has a reputation beyond reputeMary C has a reputation beyond reputeMary C has a reputation beyond reputeMary C has a reputation beyond reputeMary C has a reputation beyond reputeMary C has a reputation beyond reputeMary C has a reputation beyond reputeMary C has a reputation beyond reputeMary C has a reputation beyond reputeMary C has a reputation beyond reputeMary C has a reputation beyond repute

Pretoria South Africa cool and over cast with a chance of rain, but I hope not until my gardener has finished for the day, then it can rain all it likes. The coolness is a nice relief from the scorching temps we have had last week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.