Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What is the best way to approach companies for a job offer for a spouse visa :)

What is the best way to approach companies for a job offer for a spouse visa :)

Old Sep 23rd 2017, 2:21 am
Just Joined

Lovesfrogs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is the best way to approach companies for a job offer for a spouse visa :)

Hi i have done research and know about the things you mention I just was unclear on how it works with me getting a job offer, I thought I had to enter the UK with my husband hence why I was struggling how to get my head round applying for a job and having to wait for the visa to be determined, bit now I have the answer to that I am pretty confident to move forwards and apply for work. Thank you quiltman
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 2:23 am
Just Joined

Default Re: What is the best way to approach companies for a job offer for a spouse visa :)

It's always something silly that throws me � ����
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lovesfrogs
Hello .new on here and a little help required if possible
I am a British citizen and have been living outside the UK for 5 years. I have a work visa in NZ and since arriving here I have fallen in love with and married a New Zealander. We have decided we want to come live in the UK so I can be closer to my parents.
On an unrelated matter, I would suggest the OP to apply for New Zealand citizenship before your return to the UK if you qualify for it and have not already done so.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

It's always something silly that throws me � ����
In my case it's old age! Confuses the heck out of me some days.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 10:08 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Knowing now that I can head back whilst his visa is processing is awesome, this forum is great for advice. Thank you all for your words of wisdom
In fact it's a given that you will have to move to the UK, get a job earning the required amount, and then., once you have 6 months of payslips and the money is shown to have been sent to your bank account (you can spend it, it doesn't have to stay there) you husband can then apply for his visa from his home country.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 1:06 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
In fact it's a given that you will have to move to the UK, get a job earning the required amount, and then., once you have 6 months of payslips ....
No it isn't. If she currently earns above £18,600 and has a job offer in the UK, starting within three months, then that is sufficient to support a visa application for her husband.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 3:22 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
No it isn't. If she currently earns above £18,600 and has a job offer in the UK, starting within three months, then that is sufficient to support a visa application for her husband.
Sorry, you are correct Pulaski, I assumed that she wasn't working at the moment.
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all , you have been amazing help .
I earn over $18,600 here so that bit is all good , just got to find me a job in the UK now, is very exciting, for me as I get to be closer to my folks, and for hubby as he gets to experience life in the UK with me . All going well that is!
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 11:36 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all , you have been amazing help .
I earn over $18,600 here so that bit is all good , just got to find me a job in the UK now, is very exciting, for me as I get to be closer to my folks, and for hubby as he gets to experience life in the UK with me . All going well that is!
Its £18600 not $18600.
Old Sep 24th 2017, 1:10 am
Just Joined

I meant pounds, so used to writing dollar signs having been this neck of the woods for 5 years!
Old Sep 25th 2017, 4:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HKG3
On an unrelated matter, I would suggest the OP to apply for New Zealand citizenship before your return to the UK if you qualify for it and have not already done so.

Hi HKG3 Sadly i haven't even got residency here, have just been on work visas. If i wanted to go for residency via the spouse route i would have to be here for 183 days out of the year for 2 years, then i could go for perm residency which would allow me to get a mortgage and pension and then citizenship. Me and the hubby talked about it and i really should head back home and spend some quality time with the folks (he has lost both of his and mine are older parents).
Old Sep 25th 2017, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi HKG3 Sadly i haven't even got residency here, have just been on work visas. If i wanted to go for residency via the spouse route i would have to be here for 183 days out of the year for 2 years, then i could go for perm residency which would allow me to get a mortgage and pension and then citizenship. Me and the hubby talked about it and i really should head back home and spend some quality time with the folks (he has lost both of his and mine are older parents).
I only made that suggestion so that it would be easier for you to return to New Zealand if need be.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 8:15 am
Just Joined

I wish i did have!! Worst case and we don't get the uk one hopefully could go for a spouse visa here
Old Sep 26th 2017, 2:46 am
Just Joined

mwhelan4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by morpeth
I didnt find Pulaski's response rude at all, just a bit obvious. I am sure in NZ it would be same situation if someone wanted to move there, few employers would just hold a job open until a visa situation resolved for the spouse.

Frustrating I know, I have been in same situation.
I disagree. I also took it as rudeness. Those who don't need to get a handle on discretion on what to type when body language is removed from the equation. The OP was humble in asking the question. Was not confusing anything. Not sure why people reply to people's questions if their reply contains no help whatsoever.