Welder in U.K...

Old Mar 12th 2017, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

6010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Welder in U.K...

...is that possible?

My apology, in case is other "Welder in U.K." or "Welding in U.K."topics, I was watching all over, but I didn`t find it.

So, I`m Red Seal Canadian Welder-SMAW,GTAW,GMAW,FCAW,SAW,OAC,PAC, CWB-ticket(over 15 years of experience, starting from little shops, structural/industrial, gas/oil industry, to shipyard).Titanium, is the only one I never try it !

My questions are:

1-Can I work as a welder in U.K.?
2-Does U.K. recognises the Canadian Red Seal?
3-What should I do, to take an U.K. working permit or an working Visa needed?
4-If there is anything more, that I have to find out about my "pain"

Your help will be much appreciated !
Thank you very much !
Old Mar 16th 2017, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Welder in U.K...

Originally Posted by 6010
...is that possible?

My apology, in case is other "Welder in U.K." or "Welding in U.K."topics, I was watching all over, but I didn`t find it.

So, I`m Red Seal Canadian Welder-SMAW,GTAW,GMAW,FCAW,SAW,OAC,PAC, CWB-ticket(over 15 years of experience, starting from little shops, structural/industrial, gas/oil industry, to shipyard).Titanium, is the only one I never try it !

My questions are:

1-Can I work as a welder in U.K.?
2-Does U.K. recognises the Canadian Red Seal?
3-What should I do, to take an U.K. working permit or an working Visa needed?
4-If there is anything more, that I have to find out about my "pain"

Your help will be much appreciated !
Thank you very much !
I have heard of the red seal in south africa. not sure about the uk. As a canadian it would be difficult to get work permit ( tier 2) in the UK unless sponsored by a company or in a shortage occupation.
here is a link with some info and the shortage list.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ember_2015.pdf

but if you are between 18-30 as a Canadian you can apply for a working holiday visa and do any work you can find ( Tier 5) https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility/overview

I googled and found the welding institute website in the UK who may be able to give you more information
The Welding Institute - TWI Professional | TWI Professional

I think Australia would be a better bet as they need and encourage skilled trades to immigrate.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

The shortage occupation list does have code 5215 for high integrity pipe welders with three or more years experience. page 11 on the link I posted above.

Old Mar 19th 2017, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by angie_329
The shortage occupation list does have code 5215 for high integrity pipe welders with three or more years experience. page 11 on the link I posted above.

Thank you very much angie_329!

Helpful infos, I really appreciate your help!

I`m going to check everything.

About Australia...I tried, it sounded like.. they need immigrants, not my trade needed. I`m not going to immigrate just for fun... Australia should be more specific...and honest!

Thank you once again and appreciate your help!
Old Mar 19th 2017, 10:28 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 6010
Thank you very much angie_329!

Helpful infos, I really appreciate your help!

I`m going to check everything.

About Australia...I tried, it sounded like.. they need immigrants, not my trade needed. I`m not going to immigrate just for fun... Australia should be more specific...and honest!

Thank you once again and appreciate your help!
I'm a bit confused about your comments about Australia. If you can't get a skills visa because your skill isn't in short supply - how does that equate to Australia being dishonest??
Old Mar 19th 2017, 11:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'm a bit confused about your comments about Australia. If you can't get a skills visa because your skill isn't in short supply - how does that equate to Australia being dishonest??
Exactly! Surely they would be more dishonest if they accepted people who stood no chance of getting a job!

There are some types of welder on the SOL - OP, do you not fall into one of those groups?
Old Mar 21st 2017, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

Ok, first of all, I m going to detail a bit everything, I didn`t mention anything because I find it useless for others (as I saw , not so many respond to my add).

As I know , when a State/Country really need a trade, they coming in certain countries and they start an event , after that they "prepare" a test (practical one) for those who are interested in.
That`s because, anyway they (in our case Australia) will not recognize the "papers" of foreign gov/country !

There are some specific tickets/cards that welders they have it, same thing it happens..it doesn`t recognized all over the world.That`s why this "test" needed.

Anyway, I will schedule a trip Australia, employers need to be contacted and talk in person, I will be more informed in this way.

At the end, I`m glad that I make you to write on my post , cheers !

Last edited by moneypenny20; Mar 22nd 2017 at 8:04 am. Reason: Fixed quote
Old Mar 21st 2017, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Exactly! Surely they would be more dishonest if they accepted people who stood no chance of getting a job!

There are some types of welder on the SOL - OP, do you not fall into one of those groups?
The only "thing" I received is:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...PZURw/viewform

This form, for me is like something that suggest to prepare yourself to immigrate , not to have an application for a trade, more than that, if you will do some researches, the Australian Gov made some changes about "working visa" as well. And for a trade you need an employer.

They ask me some money to be interviewed through skype, or to come in Melbourne ( that was funny, I laugh in that moment ...but I liked it ..I really like it ha ha , isn`t an irony or something bad, just ..they were pure funny persons)

That`s why I decided to get a trip over there, and to "feel the pulse of welders" ) ... and to contact some employers too!

Cheers !
Old Mar 21st 2017, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana

I can be in both of those groups .

I sent other post to you but didnt show up yet...I don`t know why...maybe asked to be approved..or so...?

Last edited by 6010; Mar 21st 2017 at 8:28 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 2:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/...ions-lists/SOL

That is the link you need, it is the link to the SOL on the official Aus government immigration site. Find your trade in the list and click on the TRA next to it - that is the assessing body. That will tell you the details of how to get your skill assessed for migration.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-
This link tells you all about skilled independent migration. You do not need a sponsor for this. You would be free to work anywhere, for anyone. And it is permanent. Most employer-sponsored visas are 457s, they only last 4 years.

The link you posted looks like a migration company trying to get your business. Be wary of their promises, there are many companies like that out there, wanting money just to trawl through job sites, which you can do yourself. If you decide to use an agent make sure they are registered with MARA.

Your posts didn't show up straight away as you are a fairly new member and it had a link in it, so it needed to be approved
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by angie_329

This is the Australian Welding institute
Australian Welding Institute

<snip>
there was also a thread on this forum
britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/welder-looking-move-australia-850595/

Also a welders forum on ukwelders.com
even though its Uk welders it might give you more info in general

Last edited by moneypenny20; Mar 22nd 2017 at 1:20 pm. Reason: PM sent.