Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

"We want to go home" meet up club

"We want to go home" meet up club

Old Feb 6th 2007, 6:33 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "We want to go home" meet up club

Well, we had meet ups before coming to Oz, and meet ups when we first got here didn't we? Or were we the only saddo's who did?

I've met up with Rachel and Kath today, which was lovely. It's nice to meet up with like minded women. You can say what you want about the place without worrying someone who loves the place will take offence!

Why don't we have a meet up so we can all have a natter eh? Perhaps give each other a bit of support through this.

Anyone up for it? We could try to pick exciting spots to meet! Now there's a challenge to start off with!!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 6:36 am
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "We want to go home" meet up club

You can say what you want about the place without worrying someone who loves the place will take offence!
Like that's ever stopped me

I'd meet up, except I'm not a lady and you're all in Perth!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 6:37 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Well, we had meet ups before coming to Oz, and meet ups when we first got here didn't we? Or were we the only saddo's who did?

I've met up with Rachel and Kath today, which was lovely. It's nice to meet up with like minded women. You can say what you want about the place without worrying someone who loves the place will take offence!

Why don't we have a meet up so we can all have a natter eh? Perhaps give each other a bit of support through this.

Anyone up for it? We could try to pick exciting spots to meet! Now there's a challenge to start off with!!
What do you mean you don't like it? how dare you F%*k off back to England you you you you!!!!!!

We are really nice people..honest
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:16 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

We could meet halfway... I think that's probably in the middle of the Simpson Desert.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

I am definitely up for that, as nice as my friends are they are all really happy here, so I have no one to whinge to.
I do have a great friend who lives in the UK but I have to call her at 7am.

Now would it be a day time meet or an evening pub meet?
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sandrainaus
I am definitely up for that, as nice as my friends are they are all really happy here, so I have no one to whinge to.
I do have a great friend who lives in the UK but I have to call her at 7am.

Now would it be a day time meet or an evening pub meet?
Then you're more than welcome to the "Whinge Club!" although an evening pub meet could get very silly! On second thoughts....could be good!!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
We could meet halfway... I think that's probably in the middle of the Simpson Desert.

Probably more exciting than Joondalup!!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paulrachel
how dare you F%*k off back to England you you you you!!!!!!

Oh how I wish.......
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:51 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Oh how I wish.......
Hi Missus

Am I right in thinking that you DO wish you could come home? I thought you decided that Oz was home after your last trip home??
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pants
Hi Missus

Am I right in thinking that you DO wish you could come home? I thought you decided that Oz was home after your last trip home??
Oh keep up pants!! After my last trip home I was fine....for about a month. Then all the usual feelings came back again and got worse and worse.

So, what's the alternative? I go home every three months just to get my fix? I don't think OH is going to fall for that one!!!

I know that the UK has it's many problems. I saw several when I went back. But I'm going to have to deal with those issues back there and put up with them. I'd rather do that than have to live with this homesick gut knot every day of my life.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 12:14 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd love to, but Perth is too far away for me!!

(And it sounds far too boring!!)
Old Feb 7th 2007, 1:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mrs Best
I'd love to, but Perth is too far away for me!!

(And it sounds far too boring!!)
Ahh, but there's a damn good curry hole called 5 rivers with an English pub next door...what more could you want
Old Feb 7th 2007, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

Can I join in on a virtual basis?
Old Feb 7th 2007, 1:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fishfinger
Can I join in on a virtual basis?
of course, but be warned:

You have to pretend you like Perth
You have to pretend you are an Australian and not British.
Don't expect too many British things (we're in OZ didn't you know)
We have to talk about Australian things only
Don't mention you miss Asda or Tesco's

Oh and don't wear any shoes...
!!!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 2:40 am
Account Closed

O.K you lot, where are we going to meet up then? I'm off uni for a few more weeks so day times are great for me before the school run.

Can you please put your free times up and we'll see what we can organise.

We could do a pub lunch. How's that sound?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.