We made it back

Old May 22nd 2016, 1:38 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We made it back

Originally Posted by robin1234
So far, so good. Congratulations, durham_lad!

I was impressed by all the standard tests etc that they started to invite me to, as soon as they'd got my details in the NHS system.
I'd been in the country for 3 months on the initial stage of a spouse visa, and received an invitation to attend an appointment for a screening mammogram.
Old May 22nd 2016, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'd been in the country for 3 months on the initial stage of a spouse visa, and received an invitation to attend an appointment for a screening mammogram.
Nice.

SIL (lives in the UK) is 2 years older than my DW and had a routine mammogram screening done a few months ago and was found to have a small lump which turned out to be a small cancer tumour, which was removed and she is currently undergoing some radiation therapy. DW had planned on waiting until we moved over but the news prompted her to go have one done before we left as it had been 2 years since her last one.
Old May 22nd 2016, 8:51 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by durham_lad
Nice.

SIL (lives in the UK) is 2 years older than my DW and had a routine mammogram screening done a few months ago and was found to have a small lump which turned out to be a small cancer tumour, which was removed and she is currently undergoing some radiation therapy. DW had planned on waiting until we moved over but the news prompted her to go have one done before we left as it had been 2 years since her last one.
That was a close call, thank goodness your sister in law had the screen. Before I moved over to the UK from Australia, my sister had a similar situation. Routine screen, small lump found.

Although only small her tumour was classed Stage 4 because it was so aggressive, so she had the full chemo/radio treatment. It was so stressful for her (I was her chemo buddy) but far less stressful than not finding out about it until it's too late. ps 18 months post-chemo and she's still fine, hope your SIL is the same
Old May 23rd 2016, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
That was a close call, thank goodness your sister in law had the screen. Before I moved over to the UK from Australia, my sister had a similar situation. Routine screen, small lump found.

Although only small her tumour was classed Stage 4 because it was so aggressive, so she had the full chemo/radio treatment. It was so stressful for her (I was her chemo buddy) but far less stressful than not finding out about it until it's too late. ps 18 months post-chemo and she's still fine, hope your SIL is the same

Thank you for your thoughts, and I'm pleased to hear that your sister is doing well.

9 years ago my sister had a regular pap smear screening and was found to have cervical cancer. She had a couple of procedures that each failed to clear the cancer so she had a hysterectomy and has been clear since then, no chemo or radiation needed. It all happened very quickly after her screening.
Old May 23rd 2016, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

theOAP has a reputation beyond reputetheOAP has a reputation beyond reputetheOAP has a reputation beyond reputetheOAP has a reputation beyond reputetheOAP has a reputation beyond reputetheOAP has a reputation beyond reputetheOAP has a reputation beyond reputetheOAP has a reputation beyond reputetheOAP has a reputation beyond reputetheOAP has a reputation beyond reputetheOAP has a reputation beyond repute

@ durham_lad

Pleased to hear you made it and all is going well. Welcome back!
Old May 23rd 2016, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by theOAP
@ durham_lad

Pleased to hear you made it and all is going well. Welcome back!
Thank you