Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Visiting uk after 8 years......need advice

Visiting uk after 8 years......need advice

Old Oct 21st 2017, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

rsmeet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visiting uk after 8 years......need advice

Hi there i was on student visa in london from 2005 to 2010......after graduating from thames valley university in london in 2007 i wanted to extend my student visa so i tried to extend visa through non recognised college....the visa was rejected and i was charge deception for mispresentation.....i appeal the decision.....but after a year in june 2010 i withdraw my case and left uk voluntarily with one year ban.....i went to india.....i was indian citizen that time in 2011 i got married to my girl friend from canada......and immigrated to canada ....i am a canadian citizen since 2015 and i want to visit london for a week for my cousin wedding....as i know i do need visa to visit uk on canadian passport....its been 8 years i have left uk voluntarily on my indian pasport...just wanted to know will there be a issue now....to visit for a week
Old Oct 21st 2017, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting uk after 8 years......need advice

You don't need a visa to visit the UK with a Canadian passport.

Will there be an issue based on your past immigration history - probably not.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 9:48 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting uk after 8 years......need advice

If you are a Canadian citizen with a Canadian passport you do not need a visa to visit the UK.

If I were you I would not carry my Indian passport on the trip to visit the UK.