Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Getting a UK passport for my USC Hubby

Getting a UK passport for my USC Hubby

Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Ariel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to all
Default Getting a UK passport for my USC Hubby

Hi All,

Well here I am on a 6 week visit to Blighty and it's bludy freezing!!

I have a question.....now that I'm married to my USC, how easy is it for my Hubby to get a UK passport? We'll continue to live in the US.
The UK websites for the passport office and immigration are total pants (IMHO) and I can't get an answer from a person as they don't seem to know.....

I appreciate that it won't be an easy process (based on my experience with the bureaucratic red tape in the UK) but if someone can point me in the right direction I'd be hugely grateful.

Thanks very much
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:55 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting a UK passport for my USC Hubby

Originally Posted by Ariel the Mermaid
...now that I'm married to my USC, how easy is it for my Hubby to get a UK passport? We'll continue to live in the US.
I don't believe that marriage to a UKC, by itself, will help. I also believe that he has to actually live in the UK to become eligible for UKC'ship. First though... he would need ILR.

Ian
Old Apr 8th 2008, 1:05 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ariel the Mermaid
I appreciate that it won't be an easy process (based on my experience with the bureaucratic red tape in the UK) but if someone can point me in the right direction I'd be hugely grateful.
If his only link with the UK is you, it's pretty much the same as the way you get your US citizenship here, i.e. live there for 3 years (with correct status), apply for citizenship, take an exam, etc.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Ariel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to allAriel the Mermaid is a name known to all

I figured we'd have to live in the UK for a period of time..........that aint gonna happen! I'll bequeath my passport to him in my will :-) lol

Thanks very much for your input it's appreciated.