Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

An update in the moving back process

An update in the moving back process

Old Jul 20th 2015, 7:16 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An update in the moving back process

Originally Posted by fiona1775
Maybe a silly question, but do the animals get to stay with you when traveling on the QM2? Thanks!
Hi, no the animals have their own kennels up on deck. You are allowed to visit them but they are definitely not allowed in your cabin.
Old Jul 20th 2015, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

fiona1775 is an unknown quantity at this point

At least you're allowed to visit. That probably helps. I'm just trying to figure out whether it would be less stressful for our cat to go via QM2 or fly. I know the price will probably change by the time we would be leaving, but would you mind giving the cost of what it was? Thanks!

Last edited by fiona1775; Jul 20th 2015 at 5:08 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2015, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Best wishes with the move and YAY for Manchester :-)
Old Feb 18th 2016, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Anne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant futureAnne has a brilliant future

I love this threat, how inspiring. I'm so impressed with the conviction you and your wife had in moving. Would love to know how it's going in Manchester. Are you working yourself?
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

moggi1964 is an unknown quantity at this point

We love being back. I got a job in November that fits completely with my values so I couldn't wish for more.

Spent Christmas in Vienna with family and the week after New Year at a lovely old folly in Scotland.

Spent the last weekend of January in a cottage in Wales which was idyllic.

Went hiking locally couple of weekends ago; rugby at Murrayfield the weekend before and a terrific long weekend in London this past weekend.

Got plans for Italy in August and Christmas in an old property in the South West.

I'm taking in as many motorcycle race meetings as I can (spoiled for choice) and will be riding to Italy for the August event (a gathering of 18 or so friends and family).

Do I sound happy? We all are! It's the right move for us.
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fiona1775
At least you're allowed to visit. That probably helps. I'm just trying to figure out whether it would be less stressful for our cat to go via QM2 or fly. I know the price will probably change by the time we would be leaving, but would you mind giving the cost of what it was? Thanks!
I can't recall; maybe a thousand dollars per animal?

Definitely worth it!
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 4:10 am
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

how are you settling in Sale? Lived there for 30+ years and do miss it, but heading back to the north in may
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sparkleydiva
how are you settling in Sale? Lived there for 30+ years and do miss it, but heading back to the north in may
We are enjoying it. I think we might consider buying closer to Chorlton as we prefer the town centre there but for the moment we can't fault Sale.

Are you coming over from NZ in May?
Old Feb 24th 2016, 7:22 am
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moggi1964
We are enjoying it. I think we might consider buying closer to Chorlton as we prefer the town centre there but for the moment we can't fault Sale.

Are you coming over from NZ in May?
Yes we are, but location is very much job dependent just now. Our girls are moving to Edinburgh but we are looking for best opportunities
Old Feb 24th 2016, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Yes we are, but location is very much job dependent just now. Our girls are moving to Edinburgh but we are looking for best opportunities
Best of luck.

Edinburgh is brilliant but I'm a Scot so I would say that
Old Feb 24th 2016, 4:44 pm
wish I wasn't here!

Best of luck.

Funny that - i'm a scot too!
Old Feb 24th 2016, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck.

I'm not a Scot but I agree that Edinburgh is brilliant. My wife's sister and family have lived just outside of Edinburgh (Balerno) for over 20 years and we love visiting them.

We enjoy hiking and love Scotland (lived in Dumfries for a couple of years in the 80's). We like to bag the occasional Munro (Munro bagging) but over the years have discovered a strange quirk of that pursuit. Munros are hills over 3,000' (close to 300 of them) but cloud coverage in Scotland is usually below 3,000' so the views are not often that good.
Old Feb 25th 2016, 3:56 am
wish I wasn't here!

Originally Posted by durham_lad
I'm not a Scot but I agree that Edinburgh is brilliant. My wife's sister and family have lived just outside of Edinburgh (Balerno) for over 20 years and we love visiting them.

We enjoy hiking and love Scotland (lived in Dumfries for a couple of years in the 80's). We like to bag the occasional Munro (Munro bagging) but over the years have discovered a strange quirk of that pursuit. Munros are hills over 3,000' (close to 300 of them) but cloud coverage in Scotland is usually below 3,000' so the views are not often that good.
I am from Dalbeattie, not far from Dumfries

Small world...

Good to hear about Edinburgh, planning to be there for hogmany this year
Old Feb 25th 2016, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

I am from Dalbeattie, not far from Dumfries

Small world...

Good to hear about Edinburgh, planning to be there for hogmany this year
Small world indeed, one of my work colleagues in Dumfries used to commute in from Dalbeattie.

Not done hogmanay in Edinburgh but I'll bet it is brilliant. When we lived in Dumfries they had recently re-ordered Scotland's Bank Holidays so that the 2nd of January was also a holiday, thus providing an extra day to recover.
Old Feb 26th 2016, 2:29 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by durham_lad
they had recently re-ordered Scotland's Bank Holidays so that the 2nd of January was also a holiday, thus providing an extra day to recover.
I thought 2nd January was a bank holiday in Scotland since forever.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.