UK income

Old Jan 9th 2003, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Jo Brayne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK income

is it right that the sponsor's UK income doesnt count on the visa application??
Old Jan 10th 2003, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

Jo Brayne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK income

welp.. a new twist to our application now..........

The embassy has replied that I'm not allowed to use my UK income to support my I-864. arrrrghh... It is a catch 22 because I realistically can't be resident in the UK and earn in US dollars, not for the length of time it takes to get things like this processed!

You need to be resident in the UK to do DCF, and if you're resident in the UK you're not likely to be earning in anything other than GBP £ . OK so there is a very small number of people who that might not be true for but realistically most everyone who is resident in the UK will be earning in pounds.

So, co-sponsor time! On the phone to my dad. He is quite OK with the idea, but is going to contact his friend who is an immigration attorney in Washington about a few questions about it.

Bear in mind, I've been married to the applicant for 6+ yrs and my dad has known him for as long, too, and my dad is on jolly terms with my other half.