Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Transfer of Residence posting boxes back home

Transfer of Residence posting boxes back home

Old Feb 15th 2018, 6:58 am
Just Joined

shoshparkin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transfer of Residence posting boxes back home

Hi Everyone, I've done my TOR application and received my personal number.
After checking out shipping prices with international movers in Japan, realised it was gonna be about the same price to send everything Economy Airmail, there in 2-3weeks as a pose to 3-4months.

Has anyone sent all their stuff in multiple boxes via the postal service when using a TOR number?

certain things on the packing list have had to be broken down into multiple boxes, for example my record collection has to be split into 4 boxes, on the packing list, it say's 'vinyl record collection, about 300'

I'm a little worried that the first box of records will go through, and they'll mark the records as having gone through, then will get charged vat and duties on the other three boxes.

If anyone has also sent their stuff this way and has any information, I'd be grateful to know.

cheers
Josh
Old Feb 20th 2018, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Benson55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Transfer of Residence posting boxes back home

Why not mark the boxes out of 4, for example...box 1 of 4
box 2 of 4, box 3 of 4, and box 4 of 4.

That way they know there are 4 boxes and not 1....
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 3:20 am
Just Joined

shoshparkin is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, that's what I did, just worrying that something will get missed and I'll end up with a massive tax bill, which I can't afford to pay.
Boxes all got collected the other day, I'll post how it went when they arrive in a few weeks, for anyone else shipping their stuff the same way.

cheers
Old Mar 25th 2018, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

simonb83 has a reputation beyond reputesimonb83 has a reputation beyond reputesimonb83 has a reputation beyond reputesimonb83 has a reputation beyond reputesimonb83 has a reputation beyond reputesimonb83 has a reputation beyond reputesimonb83 has a reputation beyond reputesimonb83 has a reputation beyond reputesimonb83 has a reputation beyond reputesimonb83 has a reputation beyond reputesimonb83 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, just wondering how you got on with this? I'm thinking of doing the same in a few weeks time.