TOR advice

Old Nov 28th 2017, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

alohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond repute
Default TOR advice

My husband has just been offered a fantastic job back in the UK and we need to move back in about 6 weeks!
We have some movers coming to give us a quote but they've advised us to apply for the TOR straight away. I can see that they want a list of the items we'll be shipping but can't see how precise this needs to be. Can I just put chairs, clothes, bedlinen, sofa etc or do I need to be more exact eg 6 x dining chairs, 8 x pictures etc and also list small things like the clothes airer?
Any help would be much appreciated 😁
Old Dec 5th 2017, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

stretched2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TOR advice

I recently did this, form received by HMRC October 16, 2017 , and received approval and TOR number on October 18, and yes you do have to list the number of items: 6 chairs,5 tables, 5 jackets, 12 jumpers, etc. But if you set your mind to it, it doesn't take that long. You can use a form shippers will give you -- an Excel spread sheet -- and do it room by room. It took me about 2 days, and I think the worst part was putting a value on stuff -- which I mostly guessed at, as did not have receipts for most items.

And because my shippers said there had been problems with the email address and the size of it for the documentation, I sent my TOR application with all documentation via UPS express. They emailed me the approval. BUT they made a spelling mistake in that address so I didn't get the email, and it was only when I phoned after a week, that I found out their mistake, and was given the number over the phone.

Apparently the UK has been changing TOR requirements frequently beginning in April 2017, which is why it is hard to get good information. Apparently it used to be a very simple one page form. No more.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

alohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond reputealohavic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TOR advice

Thanks for the reply. I must have got lucky with whoever received my application because I sent a very basic inventory (women's clothes, men's clothes, pots and pans etc) and didn't put any values at all. We emalied it before we went to bed on 30th Nov and had the approval in our inbox when we got up the next day