Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

British citizen marrying Peruvian national in Peru

British citizen marrying Peruvian national in Peru

Old Dec 7th 2017, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

breakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb British citizen marrying Peruvian national in Peru

Hello!

I do not know where else to post this, so please forgive my thread! A bit overwhelming, but the forum seemed a decent down to earth place for real advice, not what someone wishes to hear.

I am a British born citizen, living and working in London. I am a full time IT Professional earning £22,750 (£35k+ with over time).

She is a Peruvian national from Santa Anita, Lima.

As advised, overwhelmed with the information sources, even if I did go to the gov.uk site! I am unclear to what her requirement is, other than myself applying for her to return with me once we are fully married in Peru. We plan to marry December 2018.

If anyone is kind enough to respond, we would be eternally grateful.

Kind regards

1milknosugar
Old Dec 7th 2017, 11:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British citizen marrying Peruvian national in Peru

You as the Brit has to sponsor her for a settlement visa.

Read the following on how to apply for the visa. She will be joining you as you are considered settled as soon as you return to the UK

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

There are financial requirements. Read the following to see under which category you can qualify:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf

Visa process takes anything from 4 weeks to 4 months these days, depending on whether you pay for priority service and how complicated your case is.