Thinking of MOving Back

Old Dec 12th 2014, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Purplemiss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of MOving Back

Hi,
I am new to this forum,

I have a few questions, I am from the UK, living in Canada. I have two young children born in Canada (1 and 3 yr olds) and I was thinking of moving back to the UK with them, can anyone offer any insights into what I need to look into. This is my first go to place, so I'm a little lost and overwhelmed.

Thanks!
Old Dec 12th 2014, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of MOving Back

Hi Purplemiss, welcome to BE. It's not my intention to pry but you don't mention what your relationship is with your children's father. You will in all likelihood need his permission to take them to live outside Canada and should have that issue addressed before doing anything else.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Hi Curleytops,

A valid q-not prying. Permission isn't an issue. I can take them. Just wondering how it works. They were both born in Toronto.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Purplemiss
Hi Curleytops,

A valid q-not prying. Permission isn't an issue. I can take them. Just wondering how it works. They were both born in Toronto.
If YOU are a British citizen, with British passport and were born in the UK, then your children, born in Toronto are British by descent (ie. born to a British parent but overseas).

Get your children their British passports and you are good to go.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that sanDiegogirl. Yes I'm a British Citizen with a passport. Just need to get theirs sorted.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 1:04 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

It's good permission is not an issue, but I should note that Canadian airlines occasionally request a notarized permission form or some other legal document that shows you have the right to take them out of the country without the other parent. As you sort out your preparations you'll need to add that to the list of things to gather.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Thanks penguinsix. Thanks all for your advice.