Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

IS there any problem with UK ?

IS there any problem with UK ?

Old Sep 29th 2001, 11:40 pm
Mark Yanoti

Default IS there any problem with UK ?

WHat is the problem with UK ? I have seen over the period of time Tony blair is the
first person to support US blindly even when US don't ask for support. I think he is
trying to copy US. US is US and UK can never be US. Even he is repeating the words
that US politicians use. Anyway I like everyhting that is American. American English,
Political system etc etc.

Old Sep 30th 2001, 8:42 pm
Eva Campbell

you f***ing ingrate. Normal people like to have the support of their friends in times
like this. You are obviously a sad lonely bastard, who wouldn't know a friend if one
came and smacked you in the face. Which in my opinion is just what you need.

Old Oct 1st 2001, 11:54 pm
Mark Yanoti

I think Tony is obessed with America. Right from American Movies, Mcdonald's, The
Pentagon, The white house etc etc every thing American is famous in the world.
American Universities, American Companies, American Cities, American Towers, Las
vegas you name it........

Tony blair thinks by sending 3 1/2 planes to Afganistan or to Balkan he can be
American President and be like America. Wrong ! American Presidents they look very
Presidential, the speak Presidential and they behave very Presidential.

Even if Britan sent 4 planes to Middle east, the World still Knows , it's All America
that they are interested in.

"Matthew" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 2nd 2001, 10:24 pm
aa

>
    >

How do you know so much about this? Where is your source of these inbred areas? What
areas (or people) are you referring to? You must be making reference to the crowd
called the Travelers? If not the Travelers, then what in particular, oh so proud and
bitter briton man.

I didn't see the message that caused your reply but it sure looks to me like a
bitter briton is trying to put us Americans in our place. You probably didn't
consider that some of us actually *do* understand that the Brits played a major role
in WW2. A lot of us dumb Americans *do* actually understand that the Brits invented
the gas turbine engine. A lot of us dumb Americans actually *do* understand that the
Brits invented the magnetron tube, broke the sound barrier on land, invented the
English language, used to have an empire by forcefully conquering foreign lands
(such as Palestine, Hong Kong, Who knows how many African states but I'll just
mention South Africa, the attempt at North America). So I wanted you to understand
that a lot of us Americans *do* understand where the Brits have been in History.
Right, ol' chap from Piccadilly Circus.

Old Oct 2nd 2001, 10:36 pm
aa

Please forgive me. I forgot:

The Beatles Pink Floyd The Rolling Stones The Kinks Eric Burden Eric Clapton Camel
The Who etc. etc.

I also just wanted to point out one more thing that you and perhaps other Brits don't
realize: that some of us Americans *do* realize that Bush is not very intelligent.
I'm not ashamed in our president. I sure didn't vote for that guy. I sure don't have
to answer for the fact that Bush beat John McCain in the primary. That fact makes me
wonder who the hell voted in the republican primary.

I also have the humility to say to you (in the face of your British insults) that
today I heard Tony Blair's speech to the U.N. (?) and it was absolutely a great
speech. It compares very favorably to some of the great speeches from Winston
Churchill. No shit!! It brought tears to my eyes to hear such wonderful talk. Yes he
talks better than Bush. But anyone who reads knows that.

By now.

Old Oct 4th 2001, 2:24 am
Peterr

<why don't you morons post your ignorant crap in the correct ng. and better still pay
for an isp instead of using the free trash such as hotmail.

Old Oct 6th 2001, 6:37 am
Ryan

[email protected] wrote
    >

What is the problem with you? The U.K. is our friend, and supports this country
through thick and thin. It is such a shame that you show such ingratitude instead of
appreciation for such support this country gets from the U.K. Why are you so bitter
toward the U.K.?

You have to understand that the U.K. has been dealing with, and fighting against
terrorist activities for decades and knows, and empathizes with what this country is
going through at this point.

>
    >

Have you been watching the news lately? For weeks, the U.S. has been asking the
support of other countries against terrorism. Tony Blair is not the first person to
support the US, and its policy against terrorism. There are many other countries
around the world that support the U.S.

Tony Blair is very vocal for the military action that may be waged against
Afghanistan because the U.K. fought against Afghanistan in the past but had to
withdraw without any success just like Russia withdrew its military. This is another
opportunity, another chance that does not come very often in order to get the job
done which was not done properly in the first place.

The U.S. especially asks the U.K. for help because the U.K. has a very significant
political power and influence to gather all other European countries into
collaboration against terrorism.

The U.S. especially asks the U.K. for help when it comes to asking Pakistan's
support to crack down on Afghanistan because there is a certain, and unreasonable
hatred against the US among the Pakistanis. The direct US involvement or
negotiation with Pakistan may inflame the dislike of the Pakistanis in general even
further. To prevent such inflammation, the U.S. needs a middleman to speak and
behave on its behalf.

I think you are misinterpreting things because of your lack of knowledge in
certain things.

>

He is just trying to help. To maintain coalition among many different nations, the
U.S. needs the full support of the leading countries in Europe because only such
leading country as the U.K. has the political power and influence to keep the
coalition strong and standing among the other European countries.

>

I think you are looking at it from a wrong point of view. The U.S. is the U.S. and
needs the support of its friends more than ever during the time of disaster.

>

He is just repeating the words of unity against terrorism. He believes that a swift
action should be taken to wipe out those who shelter and harbor terrorists.

>
    >

You are giving the Americans a bad name with your raving and ranting. You are a very
bitter person, and against anything that is un-American. You should open your mind
and appreciate those who are willing to help the U.S.