Reload this Page >

Taking a cat from Australia to UK

Taking a cat from Australia to UK

Old Jul 26th 2015, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking a cat from Australia to UK

Hi,
I'm looking at taking my cat back to the UK.
I was just wondering what companies people used and the approx costs.
I'm going to start getting some quotes tomorrow.
Thanks
Old Jul 29th 2015, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

LBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really nice
Default Re: Taking a cat from Australia to UK

I know it's not Australia but I'm shipping my two cats from the U.S. and going direct with British Airways, they quoted 1182 but that will be subject to change after they are weighed at the cargo facility. They use James Cargo in the UK who pick up your cats and assist with review of their paperwork. Using a private pet transport company will be more expensive, have you contacted any airlines to see what their process is?
Old Jul 30th 2015, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LBJR07
I know it's not Australia but I'm shipping my two cats from the U.S. and going direct with British Airways, they quoted 1182 but that will be subject to change after they are weighed at the cargo facility. They use James Cargo in the UK who pick up your cats and assist with review of their paperwork. Using a private pet transport company will be more expensive, have you contacted any airlines to see what their process is?
I'm shipping my dog home from the US and am looking to use British Airways too. Are you taking the cats to the airport yourself or are you using a company to do it for you? Also, do James Cargo clear your cats through customs and the you just go and collect them, is that how it works?
Old Jul 30th 2015, 8:02 am
Misses Los Angeles

MoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMoshiMoshi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzysu
Hi,
I'm looking at taking my cat back to the UK.
I was just wondering what companies people used and the approx costs.
I'm going to start getting some quotes tomorrow.
Thanks
Have you tried asking on the Australia forum, too? You may get more specific answers there. I'm another one who's shipped cats US-UK, using BA, who were very good, but I don't know what their Australian service is like, or if they allow you to book independently or require an agent for that route.

Originally Posted by beachgal21
Also, do James Cargo clear your cats through customs and the you just go and collect them, is that how it works?
More or less. AFAIK, James Cargo are a sort of go-between, taking responsibility for all arriving animals and transporting them to the Animal Reception Centre.

Pre-travel, you'll be asked to fax or email a customs form (C5) to James Cargo. When your pet arrives at LHR, James Cargo staff will unload him with any other animals (usually they're first off the plane; we saw ours driven off), and drive them to the Animal Reception Centre, which is several miles from most terminals. Paperwork, inspection etc will be processed there, by the ARC vets and staff, and you can usually collect a few hours later.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

LBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really nice

Originally Posted by beachgal21
I'm shipping my dog home from the US and am looking to use British Airways too. Are you taking the cats to the airport yourself or are you using a company to do it for you? Also, do James Cargo clear your cats through customs and the you just go and collect them, is that how it works?
Yes we are driving the cats ourselves, it'll be a three hour drive and they'll go straight to the cargo facility to be checked in. It worked out much cheaper for us, I'm anticipating some very annoyed cats by the end of the journey!