#TakeUsWithYouScotland

Old May 18th 2015, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: #TakeUsWithYouScotland

Originally Posted by apskinner
There is more farming and manufacturing in England than the rest of the UK put together.
Population England 53 million vs Scotland 5.3 million
Some 75% of Scotland’s land mass is under agricultural production, making the industry the single biggest determinant of the landscape we see around us.
Old May 18th 2015, 3:06 pm
Ex-pat twice?

apskinner is an unknown quantity at this point

agricultural holdings in England 8.98 million hectares
agricultural holdings in Scotland 5.6 million hectares
agricultural holdings in Wales 1.56 million hectares

Source Defra!
Old May 18th 2015, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by holly_1948
I think that's unclear.

Right now they have to finance expensive British Foreign Affairs to implement policies that they largely don't agree with. For example NATO nuclear missiles and costly sanctions against the Russian Federation.

I'm not (necessarily) saying those policies are wrong. I'm saying the cost of implementing them falls on people who oppose them. And they are fed up with it.
The sanctions on Russia are EU sanctions. Given SNP's policy is to remain in the EU, I don't see how this is relevant.

As to NATO costs, those costs bring a disproportionate number of Scottish jobs, both directly and indirectly.

Really, I've seen little or nothing to suggest that the numbers add up for the SNP to pay for their social programs.

Last edited by Giantaxe; May 18th 2015 at 3:31 pm.
Old May 18th 2015, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

TopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond reputeTopSec has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure the majority of people in North Yorkshire are happy to remain English and not become part of Scotland. What a load of tosh
Old May 18th 2015, 5:59 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I don't know but I'm not keen on Balkanisation. They seem to get quite a few perks in Scotland, I haven't studied in detail what more is being asked for.
I was wondering if Teresa May would reconsider the refugee boat people situation with the EU so as to have them all shipped into the Highlands
Old May 21st 2015, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Dundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to all

F R E E D O M ! ! ! !
Old May 21st 2015, 5:54 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by holly_1948
In the light of recent political developments Scottish independence now seems to be more a matter of when (10 years?) rather than if.

And in the further light of the #TakeUsWithYouScotland petition (debated in the House of Commons at 100,000 signatures) folks undecided about where to move to within England might want to give consideration to which side of the line (Dee to Humber) they want to be. Sheffield North of the line and Stoke is South.
It would be a case of the tail trying to wag the dog (again ) given that there are as many people living in Yorkshire alone as there are in Scotland. All told there must be at least 3-4 times as many people between that hypothetical line and the Scottish border as there are in Scotland.
Old May 21st 2015, 6:24 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dundee15
F R E E D O M ! ! ! !
from who or what?
Old May 21st 2015, 6:48 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
from who or what?
Freedom from the constraints of reality?
Old May 21st 2015, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Dundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to allDundee15 is a name known to all

from who or what?
Westminster...
Old May 21st 2015, 7:02 pm
Dichotomus tinker

Westminster...
awe come on, not a chance in hell - Scotland without the rest of the UK [include Westminster] is doomed IMO.

Would you like to see another 'referendum, because the first one wasn't the right choice of the Scottish people?

Of course if its not 'freedom', then folks do have choices, one of which is they can always return back to where they were before they expatriated back home or emigrate.

Do you like being back home Dundee, is it what you expected, do you miss anything from where you came from before returning back 'home'?
Old May 21st 2015, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

No I dont miss anything from US. one day Scotland will be an independant country and I hope it will be in my lifetime..
Old May 21st 2015, 7:09 pm
Dichotomus tinker

No I dont miss anything from US. one day Scotland will be an independant country and I hope it will be in my lifetime..
good luck to you & trust you dream & sleep well on that point
Old May 21st 2015, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

good luck to you & trust you dream & sleep well on that point
I dream and sleep very well, thanks! As do many of my fellow scots..
Old May 21st 2015, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

AllenSmith81 is an unknown quantity at this point

not2old,

Scotland is a country of 5 million people where over 50% of the electorate voted to end austerity and to have a different government to the rest of the people of the UK. 94% of the UK parliamentary seats in Scotland are now represented by the SNP.

So while we maybe only 5% of the total vote in the UK its very clear to see the people of Scotland do not share the political will of the rest of the UK. Scotland began its journey to independence in 1999 with the reconvening of the Scottish parliament and with each new power that get devolved we continue to build and assert our own identity. The question of Scottish independence is, in my opinion, not a question of if but when we win our freedom from a political elite and establishment which doesnt represent us, has not political mandate here in Scotland and, much like a famous tea party in the USA a few centuries ago, taxes us for policies and activities we do not condone or wish to be apart of.

The general Scottish mindset is more welcoming to immigrants than that of England who seem to be obsessed that immigrants have a negative impact on their society and economy - hence the rise of UKIP and the Conservative far right. Infact Immigrants add to the economy far more than they take away and that's why the scottish whitepaper on independence was in favor of a more progressive immigration policy.

As for the referendum, well thats past and we lost. I think partly due to a very biased media and because we were not able to answer the economic case sufficiently for many people. Now we work for more economic freedom from the south east obsessed policies of Westminster so that when the time is right we can hold another referendum of the people of Scotland.

More than happy to debate, sensibly, with you or any other member of this community on this topic but I will not get into a mud throwing contest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.