Surinder Singh refused.

Old Mar 9th 2018, 1:44 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Surinder Singh refused.

Originally Posted by Wilspin60
I could get some to old time sheets to prove I've been here since 2012..it's obvious though I've been here from phone bills I sent, gas bills etc.
Merely being resident in Italy isn't sufficient; you need to show you have been working in Italy as well. Your refusal letter will lay out exactly where you have fallen short.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Wilspin60 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree a fresh application would be best but it's going to be a nightmare for us to go to Rome again at this time to the application centre.

Is an appeal a lot longer as they already have my old documents.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 2:01 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilspin60
I agree a fresh application would be best but it's going to be a nightmare for us to go to Rome again at this time to the application centre.

Is an appeal a lot longer as they already have my old documents.
Depends on how soon you want to go. If you're happy to wait up to six months then go for the appeal.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

123Speak is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, you must be able to prove centre of living but they will find any reason to refuse if they can because of this government wanting to keep immigration numbers lower. The current UK government is not that foreigner friendly in my opinion. If you appeal, make sure that you mention that you are making your appeal as a breach of EU human rights law and that your case is an EU human rights case. If you fail to mention this, even though your case is a human rights case, they do not have to acknowledge it as such. You may need to make your font size really small in the appeal form that you send to them as they give way to little space to make an argument. This was my experience, and it worked. In fact with my wifes visa the airport people are always surprised she got her visa so they always call head office for 10 minutes to check as even though they see hundreds of foreigners. Even though you fulfil all their rule requirements they still have many get out clauses built in making it up to the immigration official to decide if they want to refuse or not. Here is an example of one such get-out clause used when I did my wife's visa that I found and exposed
do you see the contradiction. Article 8 of human European rights law say you have a right to family life.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 4:23 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 123Speak
The immigration people work by quota not by what is right, if you make more resistance to them by claiming human rights they refuse someone easier, that is why I would appeal. Create resistance and hard work for them in refusing you.
That reminds me of people who used to advise applying for double what you want from Social Fund because they always offer you half. That was wrong too.

Originally Posted by 123Speak
...do you see the contradiction. Article 8 of human European rights law say you have a right to family life.
I think a lot of people agree with that argument but it's already been lost legally hasn't it?
Supreme court backs minimum income rule for non-European spouses
Supreme court justices have unanimously backed Theresa May’s “particularly harsh” £18,600 minimum income rule...The supreme court justices acknowledge in their judgment that the £18,600 rule “causes hardship to many thousands of couples, including some who are in no way to blame for the situation in which they find themselves” but add that “does not mean that it is incompatible” with article 8 of the European convention on human rights on the right to family life.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

123Speak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BristolUK
That reminds me of people who used to advise applying for double what you want from Social Fund because they always offer you half. That was wrong too.

I think a lot of people agree with that argument but it's already been lost legally hasn't it?
Supreme court backs minimum income rule for non-European spouses
Yes, it may have been lost, however, they don't want the hassle of another court case. Everyone wants an easy life, and the corrupt want it even more, so make the font really small and a lot so they hate to read it . I should look for my appeal as an example and paste it on here. Also they don't like the shameful exposure of admitting that European Human rights are actually better than British, when there are plenty of people who will not appeal out of apathy.

Last edited by 123Speak; Mar 9th 2018 at 8:12 pm. Reason: More reasons
Old Mar 12th 2018, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Benson55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well if its obvious send the info in to make sure they know its obvious best thing.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

barkus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Merely being resident in Italy isn't sufficient; you need to show you have been working in Italy as well. Your refusal letter will lay out exactly where you have fallen short.
Hello. I thought one of the options was that you can show that you were self sufficient, you don't really have to be working.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by barkus
Hello. I thought one of the options was that you can show that you were self sufficient, you don't really have to be working.
The route was tightened to only include employment or self-employment until recently. The definition has been loosened again to include self-sufficiency and study. The OP's problem is that he claimed he was working in Italy, not being self-sufficient, so was assessed on that basis.