Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa: Help start the process

Spouse Visa: Help start the process

Old Aug 22nd 2017, 9:13 am
Just Joined

mccnalatac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa: Help start the process

Greetings!

I am from the Philippines and have a British fiancé. We plan to get married in Philippines and apply UK spouse visa after the wedding. Can anyone knows an immigration lawyer in Philippines that could guide me in processing UK spouse visa?
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa: Help start the process

As far as i know, you have to apply through VFS in Manila. Your husband, as he will be, as the British citizen must sponsor you and meet the financial requirements. Appendix_FM_Annex_1_7_Financial_Requirement.pdf
Unless you have savings of £62,500 he will need either to work in UK for 6 months earning £18,600 a year OR have been in a job here earning that amount for 12 months AND have a confirmed job in UK to start within 3 months of landing also paying £18,600.
Have a look at the document and come back with your questions. Unless there is something unusual in your circumstances then you do not need an immigration lawyer as it is fairly straightforward to do it yourself. Be aware, as you will be applying from the Philippines it will take some months to process as we are on the list of "suspect" countries for forged documents etc so extra checks are required by UK immigration.