Spouse Settlement Visa

Old Aug 6th 2003, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

dovedot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Settlement Visa

Hello all,

Me and my wife moved to America this January and we have had problems getting my work permitt etc because we are not above the poverty line because my wife has not filed tax for the last 3 years ( because she is 18).
Anyway we have decided to move back to England as we both prefer it there & I can make alot more money there.
We are just compiling our application for a Spouse Settlement Visa & have been a little worried about it .
My parents are sending us a letter saying we can stay there rent free until we have jobs sorted out & also a copy of the title deeds for the house (does anyone know if we need the official documents for this?).
We have about 10,000 pounds in the bank & we both should easily get a job in the UK.
Does anyone have any experience with this or know if we are likely to get the visa.

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 7th 2003, 5:51 am
US resident at last :)

mstracy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Settlement Visa

Originally posted by dovedot
Hello all,

Me and my wife moved to America this January and we have had problems getting my work permitt etc because we are not above the poverty line because my wife has not filed tax for the last 3 years ( because she is 18).
Anyway we have decided to move back to England as we both prefer it there & I can make alot more money there.
We are just compiling our application for a Spouse Settlement Visa & have been a little worried about it .
My parents are sending us a letter saying we can stay there rent free until we have jobs sorted out & also a copy of the title deeds for the house (does anyone know if we need the official documents for this?).
We have about 10,000 pounds in the bank & we both should easily get a job in the UK.
Does anyone have any experience with this or know if we are likely to get the visa.

Thanks in advance
When I brought my wife to the UK, it was pretty easy. We filled out the forms, went to NYC to hand them in and got her passport stamped, then flew out in the evening. We did produce bank statements for evidence of financial security, but I didn't have to show the deeds of the house or anything. The only thing I might suggest would be a letter of support from your parents offering to be financially liable for her so she would not become a drain on public funds in the vent of you not finding work (however unlikely). The embassy staff were friendly and helpful and it was an altogether pleasant experience. I wish you the same. Good luck.
Old Aug 8th 2003, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

I just had a UKc friend of mine take her USC husband to the UK to live on a spouse settlement visa and they didn't have any problems. She did have a letter from her brother who they are staying with stating that he was providing them with accoodation. Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to include a copy of your resumes/C.V.'s to prove that you should be able to gain employment once in the U.K.
The process is a lot easier than getting into the U.S.
Old Aug 8th 2003, 10:49 pm
Go RedSox!

MrsLondon is an unknown quantity at this point

What you have sounds fine. I have heard of them asking for the house deeds but I suppose it depends on the mood of the consular officer on the day.
Check out the Immigration section on www.americanexpats.co.uk and also www.britainusa.com.
Old Aug 19th 2003, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

dovedot is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help, we got the visa this weekend it was nice & easy, everyone that went that day got there visa no bother I think.