Sponsor for Spouse Visa

Old Jun 19th 2013, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

philchile is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsor for Spouse Visa

I am moving back to the UK with my Chilean wife. I am a UK citizen born in the UK. Is it necessary for me to be the sponsor for the financial requirement. Could it be my father (who lives in the UK), for example?
Thanks.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsor for Spouse Visa

You're the British citizen your wife is married to - you would be the sponsor for any spouse visa application she makes.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

philchile is an unknown quantity at this point

OK thanks. i've got the required money in my account (63k GBP), but now have to wait 6 months. unfortunately going this route will mean that i will be separated from the wife and 2 kids for 3-4 months, as i have to return to the UK in august. very depressing thought.
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

larrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by philchile
OK thanks. i've got the required money in my account (63k GBP), but now have to wait 6 months. unfortunately going this route will mean that i will be separated from the wife and 2 kids for 3-4 months, as i have to return to the UK in august. very depressing thought.
I'm happy to hear that you're on track now. Hopefully, the time will fly by.
You're actually very lucky though, as some couples are separated for much longer than that.

Please take the time to really study the requirements in minute detail on the UKBA website and make sure that when it comes time to apply you have all the relevant proof and documentation in the required format. Dot every i and cross every t and you'll be fine.
Good luck!