Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Some positive news about Britain

Some positive news about Britain

Old Mar 1st 2009, 7:27 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

Originally Posted by Sleeping_Beauty45
England. Or I should say our little corner of England.
Whereabouts?
Old Mar 1st 2009, 8:50 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Has it occurred to you dingbat maybe more than one person has experienced antisocial stuff?
With identical stories and writing styles? Of course.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 11:55 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arris
Sounds good when reading but in reality not so i'm afraid to say speaking from personal experience
I see you're in Gloucestershire. I posted the thread because it's one of places were thought we might move to when we come back to the UK. I've been spending a lot of time on the internet researching the good versus the bad of particular areas which is how I came across the link.

It sounds like you're not quite so impressed and you live there so I'd be interested in hearing your comments if you want to post them. Whereabouts in Gloucestershire do you live?
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dingbat
Why did you change your name Tiny Tears? Just curious....I thought you had hashed through all this on the other threads on the Canada forum?
OMG Tiny & Sleeping Beauty....they're dopplegangers!!
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 1:37 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Ok and you are obviously a prat
lol - you've nailed him - in one!

Originally Posted by cricket1
I see you're in Gloucestershire. I posted the thread because it's one of places were thought we might move to when we come back to the UK. I've been spending a lot of time on the internet researching the good versus the bad of particular areas which is how I came across the link.

It sounds like you're not quite so impressed and you live there so I'd be interested in hearing your comments if you want to post them. Whereabouts in Gloucestershire do you live?
I lived in Gloucestershire and with the usual caveats, I never experienced nor indeed witnessed any crime during the 7 years I was resident in the county. Parts of Gloucester and Cheltenham are no go areas - indeed there's a bit of Cheltenham the locals call The Bronx - but the small towns are fine. We lived in Nailsworth and I can heartily recommend it - great little town unblighted by the identikit high street phenomonem that's crossing the planet.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 2:50 pm
Banned

Coda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hutch

I lived in Gloucestershire and with the usual caveats, I never experienced nor indeed witnessed any crime during the 7 years I was resident in the county. Parts of Gloucester and Cheltenham are no go areas - indeed there's a bit of Cheltenham the locals call The Bronx - but the small towns are fine. We lived in Nailsworth and I can heartily recommend it - great little town unblighted by the identikit high street phenomonem that's crossing the planet.
This thread reminds me of the band on the titanic : "Let's play a waltz". Meanwhile the ship is sinking!

It is OK to hold your hands up and admit that Britain is ****ed up. Honesty is the best policy. At least then you can address the problems. To continually delude yourselves that Britain is pretty much a-OK is ignoring some huge gaps in society. Like, but not limited to, certain northern towns where the local muslim communities don't even speak English! Where local muslims believe that Jihad is an honourable way to live, and radical Islamic fundamentalists flourish. I remember an article after the London bus bombings written by a muslim journo who infiltrated a Bradford community. If you think that is just a northern england problem go and live in Bury Park Luton for a bit.... We have the unfortunate situation in the UK where through PC'ism we have created enclaves where communities exist within England..

No doubt somebody will use the race card and call me a racist...

Then there is the recent influx of Eastern European workers into an already overpopulated land. What did they need to do to prove they were capable of contributing to the UK's economy? Nothing. Contrast that with what OZ makes prospective migrants do. Like, for starters, get a medical. The NHS aint free buddy!

We have become a dumping ground for any dissafected person within Europe - a soft touch. Look at how Polish job centers have told their polish claimants to make sure that they claim everything they can from the UK once they get back to Poland!

You have to laugh....

Also, let's look at the carrion cry of the PC brigade : Multiculturalism! Oh, man, that's the biggest laugh of all. How many of these do-gooders living in their white middle class enclaves really give a stuff about what is happening on a down-at-heel sink estate in the middle of wolverhampton, for example, where nobody interacts with members of their different ethnic groups? To suggest that we are living in some kind of multi-cultural rainbow nation is the biggest load of tosh of all...

Still we try.

Last edited by Coda; Mar 2nd 2009 at 3:55 pm.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 4:21 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
And the population for aus for every sq mile is 7 people/ and for uk its 636 people!!

65 million uk residents in a small area
25 million in aus in a area 30+ times bigger then uk

Like i says stats are sometimes best avoided and keep enjoying life,no matter how bad crime is just round the corner

Not quite too sure what the point is that you're trying to make there? Think about this though, there are a lot of places in Australia, as well as Canada and the USA too that are pretty well uninhabitable for most people.
To a lot of people the UK is still a better place than any of those others despite it's smaller size.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 4:36 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Maybe we can get it back on track - this is pretty positive:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...n-Cameron.html

(And they never had to worry about co-pays, deductibles, lifetime maximums, etc!)
What a good idea to get the discussion back on track. The article is definately positive news!
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 7:42 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coda
This thread reminds me of the band on the titanic : "Let's play a waltz". Meanwhile the ship is sinking!

It is OK to hold your hands up and admit that Britain is ****ed up. Honesty is the best policy. At least then you can address the problems. To continually delude yourselves that Britain is pretty much a-OK is ignoring some huge gaps in society. Like, but not limited to, certain northern towns where the local muslim communities don't even speak English! Where local muslims believe that Jihad is an honourable way to live, and radical Islamic fundamentalists flourish. I remember an article after the London bus bombings written by a muslim journo who infiltrated a Bradford community. If you think that is just a northern england problem go and live in Bury Park Luton for a bit.... We have the unfortunate situation in the UK where through PC'ism we have created enclaves where communities exist within England..

Then there is the recent influx of Eastern European workers into an already overpopulated land. What did they need to do to prove they were capable of contributing to the UK's economy? Nothing. Contrast that with what OZ makes prospective migrants do. Like, for starters, get a medical. The NHS aint free buddy!

We have become a dumping ground for any dissafected person within Europe - a soft touch. Look at how Polish job centers have told their polish claimants to make sure that they claim everything they can from the UK once they get back to Poland!

You have to laugh....

Also, let's look at the carrion cry of the PC brigade : Multiculturalism! Oh, man, that's the biggest laugh of all. How many of these do-gooders living in their white middle class enclaves really give a stuff about what is happening on a down-at-heel sink estate in the middle of wolverhampton, for example, where nobody interacts with members of their different ethnic groups? To suggest that we are living in some kind of multi-cultural rainbow nation is the biggest load of tosh of all...

Still we try.
Being a non Brit I was surprised when I lived there at the amount of ethnic urban areas that there were around the country and the level of non-integration that took place with the local Brit population. Also I discovered the levels of ethnic conflict that actually took place amongst the ethnic population as well muslims v hindus etc..........The whole experience was most eye opening Countries like Canada practice multiculturalism as well the UK and on a visit to Toronto, I saw an even wider range of people than one would see in the UK, I would imagine that countries like AUS and NZ would be similiar in this respect as well. The options it seems are to accomodate this style of multiculturism or adopt the blind indoctrination that the USA imposes.

As for dumping ground most of these eastern or central europeans are members of the EU hence freedom of movememnt. I can assure you that other countries have their fair share of eastern europeans as well some are most beneficial to the countries others are not, admittedly the UK is probably more alluring than most for work opportunities and language etc
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 8:06 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
What a good idea to get the discussion back on track. The article is definately positive news!
It is a change to read how dedicated the NHS is as opposed to how they fail. Sad for the Cameron's but at least it shows that time is precious and how their little boy brought them love and joy if only for a short time.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 8:08 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Hutch

I've driven through some of the village areas and they are beautiful. I think Gloucestershire has some of the nicest scenery in the UK. As with most towns, there will be no go areas but that happens everywhere.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 8:10 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

I've driven through some of the village areas and they are beautiful. I think Gloucestershire has some of the nicest scenery in the UK. As with most towns, there will be no go areas but that happens everywhere.
Funny accent there though innit
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 8:17 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Funny accent there though innit

Have you been to Birmingham??
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 8:23 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Have you been to Birmingham??
Of course I know Birmingham...........The great heart of British Multiculturalism.

what does your accent sound like?
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 8:24 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Coda

You have to laugh....

Still we try.

Have you tried living in a decent area Coda?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.