Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Some positive news about Britain

Some positive news about Britain

Old Feb 28th 2009, 9:59 am
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute
Default Some positive news about Britain

Here's some more happy news about the UK
http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/in...rticleid=21558
Old Feb 28th 2009, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of
Default Re: Some positive news about Britain

The government has a way on sorting the lists out
The media has the power to lift the spirts of the nation and also make people panic and have hizzy fits through the like of the media/weather reports etc etc.

Beleive me there is crime all over the world,but alot goes unannounced

But i know what your doing your making yaself feel better about moving,so good on ya cricket

jase
Old Feb 28th 2009, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
The government has a way on sorting the lists out
The media has the power to lift the spirts of the nation and also make people panic and have hizzy fits through the like of the media/weather reports etc etc.

Beleive me there is crime all over the world,but alot goes unannounced

But i know what your doing your making yaself feel better about moving,so good on ya cricket

jase
And what do you expect her to do? Post news about increasing crime rates? There's enough of that in The Barbie.

This is the MBTTUK forum after all, so of course we want to feel good about the UK.

Doesn't mean we have the rose tints on either though.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stm1971
And what do you expect her to do? Post news about increasing crime rates? There's enough of that in The Barbie.

This is the MBTTUK forum after all, so of course we want to feel good about the UK.

The uk is my home,well infact its all i have ever known to be my home "36 years".

Theres good n bad about every where in the world,so rose tints are allowed to be worn,else the bad points would bring us all down

Ps i brough a lovely large map of the world so the kids can get a bearing of all the places in the world
And the population for aus for every sq mile is 7 people/ and for uk its 636 people!!

65 million uk residents in a small area
25 million in aus in a area 30+ times bigger then uk

Like i says stats are sometimes best avoided and keep enjoying life,no matter how bad crime is just round the corner
Old Feb 28th 2009, 11:23 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

25 million in aus in a area 30+ times bigger then uk
.....and no one wants to live in most of it.

Don't kid yourself...the majority of the Australian population live in a few cities and they are just as crowded as most cities in the UK.

"But i know what your doing your making yaself feel better about moving"
Old Feb 28th 2009, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

lmao its called reverse physcology
im happy for cricket that she is happy!!
Im not having a dig at no place on our earth,wherever makes you happy then lifes good,be it uk/aus/iran etc etc.

I understand about probaly 70% of aus is unhabitable
Old Feb 28th 2009, 12:17 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I understand about probaly 70% of aus is unhabitable
....and another huge chunk where nobody wants to live, even though it may be habitable.

why do you think that the vast majority of the people live in the main cities?
Old Feb 28th 2009, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

I made joking comment to cricket,go get your kicks else where
Old Feb 28th 2009, 1:09 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

It's truly amazing how quickly any positive thread on this site gets trashed
Old Feb 28th 2009, 2:31 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
It's truly amazing how quickly any positive thread on this site gets trashed
Maybe we can get it back on track - this is pretty positive:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...n-Cameron.html

(And they never had to worry about co-pays, deductibles, lifetime maximums, etc!)
Old Feb 28th 2009, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Candy001 has a spectacular aura aboutCandy001 has a spectacular aura aboutCandy001 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Grayling
....and another huge chunk where nobody wants to live, even though it may be habitable.

why do you think that the vast majority of the people live in the main cities?
Well said - the same goes for Canada
Old Feb 28th 2009, 2:49 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stm1971

Yes... they even have whole threads over there designated to pointing out how horrid and miserable we all are in here. But i am valiantly fighting the fight with them... only because i am bored as batshit, living where i dont want to be, as opposed to those over there who purport to be happy as larry in Aus, yet spend a worrying amount of time on the internet arguing with other supposedly happy in Aus people over just about anything they can think of, and some even come in here as well!!!... go figure
Old Feb 28th 2009, 3:25 pm
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cricket1
Here's some more happy news about the UK
http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/in...rticleid=21558
The ONLY reason crime is falling is because they no longer log every call. We have had a lot of problems with anti social behaviour and myself and all my neighbours were calling constantly, up to six or more times a night and yet when we finally got a police office round, they told us that unless you ask for a log number, the calls are not logged and therefore the police are not notified.

We were told to always ask for a log number as they simply listen to your call and then do nothing about it, it isn't recorded and it isn't passed on to be dealt with.

I wish you every success with your move back but I'd really take all these statistics (good and bad) with a pinch of salt.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sleeping_Beauty45
The ONLY reason crime is falling is because they no longer log every call. We have had a lot of problems with anti social behaviour and myself and all my neighbours were calling constantly, up to six or more times a night and yet when we finally got a police office round, they told us that unless you ask for a log number, the calls are not logged and therefore the police are not notified.

We were told to always ask for a log number as they simply listen to your call and then do nothing about it, it isn't recorded and it isn't passed on to be dealt with.

I wish you every success with your move back but I'd really take all these statistics (good and bad) with a pinch of salt.
Thanks what i was saying,apart from you can write it down and i cant

But like i said cricket,i hope you lead a happy life wherever you may settle
Old Feb 28th 2009, 5:00 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

population for aus for every sq mile is 7 people/ and for uk its 636 people!!
you're wrong about that by almost a factor of 3 - UK population density is 246 people per square mile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...lation_density

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.